Ladies, curious

Options
I have had issues with my period since I had my girls 3 years ago, it isn't always on schedule. Well since I started exercising it's like it hasn't ended. I had my period regularly, was even on schedule, then a week later I started spotting again, that lasted about a week. Now it is 4 days before I am due to have my period and it started again. I was wondering why I hadn't lost any weight this week, and why I was overly moodly last week, well that answered the question. Anyone else have issues with their period being all over the place once they started eating right and exercising?

When I say I hasn't been right since I had my girls, I mean I have it, then the next month it is on schedule, then the next month after that it will be a week to two weeks late, then the month after it will be on that schedule, never early.

Replies

• KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i am NEVER on schedule....never have been since I had my third daughter....and starting exercising hasn't changed that i hoped it would regulate me somewhat but im still all over the place i can go anywhere from 22 days to 36 days between it sucks....but i've dealt with it now for almost 5 years LOL so its become the "norm" for me
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I once missed a period because mine was starting to sync with my friend's and she left for 2 months. My ovaries went psycho and I didn't have another period until she came back. Yes, I spend THAT much time with my friend.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    please go see a doctor.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This can happen with starting an exercise program, it should be back to "normal" after your body adjusts. If it doesn't, talk to your doctor!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    please go see a doctor.

I second this. In the situation that I mentioned above, I would have went to the doctor if I had the money to. But, it's definitely a good thing in case there's something seriously wrong.
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Unfortunately, due to other conditions I can't be on birth control or other hormone therapies. My doctor knows about the period issues since having my girls. Unless I start to develope cycst, then insurance won't pay for what will fix part of the issue. Just seems worse since I started lifting. I am scheduled to see my doctor next month for a regular check up.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I'm gonna echo seeing a doctor about that. It may not be anything to worry about but it's better safe than sorry. Plus a doctor would have a lot more information than any of us would.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I see you have a check up coming up, and I agree with the others smart folks on this list...see your doc and tell him what you have told us. He will know the proper testing to do and will tell you what they commonly see in women your age etc. If you feel he does not give you satisfactory answers, see a different doc (some are more cautious than others and it will pay off for you to consult a second one.)
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    well, it seems as though your doctor already knows. when you go to this next appointment, bring up your concern again. if the doctor doesnt have a satisfactory answer, try seeing another doctor.

i can tell you that i have the same issue. my period since after my second was born got a lot heavier than it was, and now, almost 7 years later, im 41 and it is all out of whack. everything i have read and discussed is that it happens. im not sure how old you are, but unfortunately for us women, as we get older, our cycles can change a lot, including getting shorter, or longer, and more or less frequent than it was. lol. which basically means your body is just aging and changing. sucks. but what can ya do?