How long did it take you?

Options
So I've seen some pretty amazing success stories on here. One thing I haven't seen though, is the amount of time it took to lose the weight. Everybody here is such an inspiration...So for anyone that has lost 30+ pounds, how long did it take you? How much exercise were you doing daily/weekly to get to your goal?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I went from 160 to 135 from December 2010 to June 2011, then lost another 10 in the next 4 months, then gained some weight from October to now, but I'm in smaller clothes and look better so I just stick my tongue out at the scale and say "neener neener!" :tongue:
  • NessasMommy081311
    NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've seen your pictures and everything. You look amazing! What did you do for exercise?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this since September of 2010.
    The length of time it took me to reach my goals, however, is completely secondary to the fact that I got healthier every single day that I made positive choices about what to put in my body and how to move my body.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I started in July and have lost 48lbs. I didn't really buckle down until October around the 24th actually and was 216 then. I work out 5 days a week. I try to do something everyday.
  • gvsu4msu
    gvsu4msu Posts: 54
    Options
    I lost 31 lbs from January 2011 through December 2011. Variety of exercises between elliptical, biking, hiking, kayaking, and walking. Had some plateaus along the way.

Learned to eat better, but still could have done better.

So far this year, I have lost 10 lbs. I have been doing the elliptical 30-45 minutes a day, and in the last two weeks I have been doing 30 Day shred along with it.

Of course, the last month has been benefitted by the use of MFP to watch what I am eating in regards to calories. It is helping me to make better choices. Not perfect, but better.

Note that a slow and steady weight loss is almost guaranteed to stay off, as you are making LIFESTYLE choices along the way.

Good luck on your journey.
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yesterday morning, the number on the scale was 100 pounds less than it was at the end of March last year. So 100 pounds in just under a year.

The only exercise I really do is walk. I need to start doing something more, to get these last 35 pounds gone... and to try to tighten and tone
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I started in November of 2010. At first all I did was walk, and I tried to walk at least an hour a day - that I could do every day. About 2-3 months in, I started zumba. Then in April of 2011, I started C25K. I try to exercise at least 4 times per week, which includes: zumba, jogging and walking with the kids. I am trying to get back to strength training. I had some joint issues, and have not been able to really focus on it, but it is something that I definitely recommend. Start strength training now, I know my body would be in so much better shape.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32lbs (as of this morning) and it has taken me since September last year. I only started exercising just over a month ago and did the 30 Day Shred, so I was exercising every day. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now exercise wise - although I do go to bootcamp twice a week, so I will continue with that.
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started July 2011 and as of today have lost 53lbs! I started by walking every day for 30 min and then slowly increased to an hour. Then started working on distance. I do most of my cardio on the treadmill now. I run 3 miles a day and sometimes like today run 4. I've also started doing more incline in my runs. I got a new treadmill last month and it came with IFIT free for a year so I have been doing some Jillian Michaels workouts on the treadmill and they seem to really work. I started using MFP about a month and a half ago and that has really helped me too!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    65 lbs lost since April of 2011.
  • kdickey31
    kdickey31 Posts: 27
    Options
    I started this a little over 2 months ago and I've lost around 25 pounds depending on the day...still 25 pounds from my first goal, 45 from my ultimate goal. I am pretty strict about my diet...i don't usually eat workout calories back (don't need the lecture, i would eat them if I needed them but I eat lots of fruit and veggies, and get my nutrients). I also try to workout at least 60 minutes 5-6 days a week. So far its been mostly cardio and now i'm transitioning into some weight training. This may seem a little fast to lose the weight but I also have a very busy life style being a teacher i don't sit down much throughout the day which helps with losing weight. I also don't do binge days very often...I've had 2 in the whole time I've been doing this, I more so worked on portion control I still eat Chinese and pizza just less and add veggies and fruit as sides to fill me up!! Good Luck on your journey!!!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs in less than 60 days...although now my weight loss has slowed down a bit. I think because I have been focusing more on muscle gain lately, versus fat loss. A big bit of that weight I lost my first week on here- water weight I imagine since I dropped a horrible soda drinking habit for water only. Then from there I usually lost 3-5 lbs a week.I exercise3-5 times a week, drink A LOT of water and eat super healthy.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    95# in just under a year (anniversary in a couple days but I don't think I will post another loss by then). I always ate more than 1200 calories... more like 1600-1800. I exercise 5 minimal days weekly even starting with nothing more than 10 minute stints on the bike till I could go longer and then bought my own Elliptical.
    Be true to yourself and your diary!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I went from 227 to 169 in about 5 months. I started at the end of Sept 2011.
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options
    I started this a little over 2 months ago and I've lost around 25 pounds depending on the day...still 25 pounds from my first goal, 45 from my ultimate goal. I am pretty strict about my diet...i don't usually eat workout calories back (don't need the lecture, i would eat them if I needed them but I eat lots of fruit and veggies, and get my nutrients). I also try to workout at least 60 minutes 5-6 days a week. So far its been mostly cardio and now i'm transitioning into some weight training. This may seem a little fast to lose the weight but I also have a very busy life style being a teacher i don't sit down much throughout the day which helps with losing weight. I also don't do binge days very often...I've had 2 in the whole time I've been doing this, I more so worked on portion control I still eat Chinese and pizza just less and add veggies and fruit as sides to fill me up!! Good Luck on your journey!!!

That's amazing! No lectures from me, I'm the same way. :)
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options
    Everybody here is absolutely amazing. :) You're all so inspiring. I love reading success stories. :)
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    November 11 - Feb 8thish, 30 lbs gone. Now up to more than that, November and December I really watched what I was eating and got in more walking. January I started back up at Roller Derby. Great workout 2x a week. I'm waiting for 160 (about 6 more lbs to go) for building more muscle, and toning.

I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER though mentally. 30 lbs and 300% better mentally.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!