Facebook or My Fitness Pal?

Options
I am happy to say that MFP has surpassed Facebook on my list of top websites. I log onto MFP several times a day now, where I only log onto Facebook once a day at most.

How about you? Which do like better, Facebook or MFP?

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i use them both equally but for much different reasons.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Team MFP! :)

I used to log into facebook daily and read all the gossip, bs, and quite frankly spend my days looking at and worrying about things I don't need to care about.

MFP has also surpassed facebook on my list as well (literally, google chrome shows MFP, then tumblr, then facebook lol)

MFP is full of supportive people who want to do nothing but help you reach their goals, and you support them back. Whereas facebook is, well, judgmental people who I can deal without.

Lol, but as of right now, I prefer MFP, because it's helping me! :)
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I log into MFP all the time whenever I have a chance. I have no idea why, but I have the app on my iPhone, iPad, and when I'm home I use my computer. I find it to be a much less stressful environment if that makes sense because there really isn't a bunch of BS on this site like there can be on FB. I go onto FB maybe once a day, sometimes I forget it's there unless somebody sends me a message.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Team MFP! :)

I used to log into facebook daily and read all the gossip, bs, and quite frankly spend my days looking at and worrying about things I don't need to care about.

MFP has also surpassed facebook on my list as well (literally, google chrome shows MFP, then tumblr, then facebook lol)

MFP is full of supportive people who want to do nothing but help you reach their goals, and you support them back. Whereas facebook is, well, judgmental people who I can deal without.

Lol, but as of right now, I prefer MFP, because it's helping me! :)

I agree. Facebook just stresses me out. It's just a place for people to whine, complain, or make fun of other people. It's like a big popularity contest.
  • karenCalandro
    Options
    I deactivated my FB and only have MFP now....I log in several times a day but for different reasons than what i was doing on FB. I don't really use MFP as a social network
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I only log into facebook about once a month to see pics of my family and friends. MFP i leave this web page open as you never know when I'm going to have to log that snack I just ate.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    FB rarely and MFP way too much. I love this site, so many great supportive people from around the world.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I use both way too much.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Just MFP for me nowadays. Deactivated Facebook years ago.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I put most of my fitness updates here, but I "check-in" at zumba and have my nike+ running update to my facebook.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    I log in to MFP alot more often than facebook
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Facebook is a waste of time. Facebook will gladly sell you and your privacy down the river.

MFP will keep you focused on a goal that is worthwhile which is becoming a better you.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have spent the majority of my time on MFP lately. I still keep tabs on FB, but not nearly as much as I did prior to MFP. I get so much more out of MFP
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    MFP... People actually care here
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Oh this site's addicting.

I've accepted the fact that I need to be a little obsessed to get anywhere.
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like FB for the fact I have people I know in real life on there, but I like MFP for the sense of community and common interests it brings.
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    MFP by a lot! It's great to see all the encouraging comments each day. I hardly ever even check facebook anymore.
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Pinterest at the moment. But I check MFP several times a day and keep the window open on Chrome. I rarely if ever use FB anymore.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    MFP > Facebook