What kinda lifestyle do i have?

2»

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    I don't know who is telling you guys this..................

The meaning of the word sedentary.
    Sedentary lifestyle is a medical neologism used to denote a type of lifestyle with a lack of physical exercise. It is commonly found in both the developed and developing world and characterized by sitting, reading, watching television and computer use for much of the day with little or no vigorous physical exercise.

Every doctor I have seen has always, always, always told me that

Little or no exercise = sedentary

2-3 times a week exercise = lightly active

4 or more times a week = Actve lifestyle

I see where you're coming from Lean Lioness - but the purpose for the question, I think, I dunno maybe I'm way off base, was for entering in the information for MFP to determine base calories. For that - they have examples listed, and exercise is not included in that particular determination for the purposes of this site setting basic calories. They make up for that by alloting extra calories for the actual exercise a person fits into a day. There is no judgment on general activity level as, say a doctor would consider it. If they looked at her lifestyle obviously with the exercise she gets she would have an active lifestyle - but for the purposes of THIS board and the settings and calculations used here, you would not factor in exercise to the activity level you choose in your settings. :flowerforyou:

Echo - I apologise if I misunderstood the basic reason for your question. I made an assumption that you were wondering if you had chosen the correct setting. :blushing: If you were talking general lifestyle as, say, a doctor would classify it, definately you would be very active. If it was for the purpose of the setting here for caloric determination probably lightly active or moderately active would be right. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote

Thanks. ya it was only for setting it on here. Im trying to be as accurate as possible! Im hardly ever sitting but im not carrying trays like a waitress lol..i think im thinking into this way to much lol
This discussion has been closed.