Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Darn Costco! LOL

klb620
klb620 Posts: 28 Member
I really hate to admit this, but there are just some samples at Costco that I cannot pass up......today it was a 1/2 of a cheese and spinach ravioli, and a smidgen of chicken stuffed with spinach and broc. and cheese.....

I never know how to log those calories, so I usually just end up guessing and put like 200 misc calories under snack...hoping that I'm close and/or ate less than that.

How about you all.....do you log every single bite of everything? I have really been trying to.

Replies

• harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    I will log it but I guess at it. Whenever we have a 'food day' at the office where all kinds of good stuff magically appears, I will nibble all day unfortunately. Unless your doing it everyday, just guess at it. You'll be fine. Why is it Costco almost never has samples of healthy stuff? LOL
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    I usually log everything ... but it really depends on what it is. For example, my dad came over yesterday and brought some of those new Chicken McBites for the kids. I don't eat at McDonald's so I hadn't tried them and I just wanted to see if they were any good so I ate ONE little piece. I didn't log it. And it wasn't that great. lol
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Was just at Costco today with warm chocolate chip cookies right inside the door!!! Who can say no to a bite of warm chocolate chip cookie?!?!?! I try to log every bite, but had forgotten about that bite until I saw your post. UGH! :)
  • Eh, I don't usually bother with that stuff, because I rarely sample and I'm always way under my calories. Plus I overestimate what I eat and underestimate my calorie burn anyways.
  • i know what you mean! i can't pass up LOTS of samples at costco. I dont know if they have it at yours, but at mine they have these INCREDIBLE seafood dips (maryland blue crab, maine lobster, and smoked salmon) and OMG i go back for seconds and thirds.

for most of the samples, they're small enough that i consider the load i'm pushing around, the running children i'm avoiding, and the speed walking (from one sample to the next) to pretty much negate what i consume -- except things that i go back and get MORE of like the seafood dips, then i calculate it while i'm there (approximating how much i've eaten : such as 3 tbs of the dip if i have each flavor twice) etc.

I know people will probably freak out at me because i dont log every single sample i eat but i honestly don't care. Shopping at costco is a WORK OUT, so they cancel out. :)
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 391 Member
    In all my years I've NEVER been to Costco! I feel deprived-____-
    Aaand, no. I don't log every last bite that goes into my mouth. Today I saw a bowl of popcorn sitting on the table, fresh and hot. Instinctly I had 3 or 4 pieces and that's not logged :b
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    I <3 those ravilios. I make them with a shredded chicken and vodka cream marinara, omg. I have to do a nice run to earn that dinner, but it's worth it.
    Check out costco's "energy bar," basically a bagel bar with nuts and dried fruit in it. 216 cals, 8 grams protein. Quick and easy, and so great for morning with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    I really try to log EVERYTHING, even if it's just a bite. And actually I think that helps me to NOT snack so much, because seriously sometimes I look at something I'm about to eat and be like, "ugh, i don't want to have to log this later" bc I get kind of lazy :) So I think it's helpful to log everything!
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    I am the annoying person who clogs up the sample lineups at Costco to check the nutrition info on whatever they're serving..haha. So yes I log everything as closely as I can. If I can't find any nutrition info, I guesstimate. On more than one Sunday afternoon I have eaten a full lunch composed entirely of Coscto samples :D
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    I was just there yesterday and did the same thing! I estimate the calories and log that kind of thing in the Quick add calories in the snack section.