!

Options
maf66
maf66 Posts: 211 Member
:flowerforyou: Hello every(any?)one~! My name is Marci and I am a 45 y/o divorced woman with an adult Son. I'm sort of a Hippie. At the beginning of this year, I decided I needed much improvement in my life. Weight-loss being just one. My goal is for me to be able to see improvement in every area of my life at the end of the year.

I want to lose weight, but more importantly, I want to be healthy and fit. So beginning Jan 1, I changed my eating habits. I incorporated healthier food choices such as only organic veggies, fresh or frozen. Only hormone free meat and dairy, including eggs. Reduced or non-fat dairy, only whole grain grains. Totally eliminating GMO's which include 80% of the corn grown in the us. I don't eat ANY corn at the moment. And I try to not eat anything that HAS EATEN corn. No hormones for me! No genetic modifications for me! All natural organic hormone free, pesticide free wholesome food.

So the first 2 months were spent changing my diet and getting used to foods that I would be eating while "dieting". Foods like Turkey Bacon, Chicken Sausage, Lean white and red meats. And use this time to educate myself to the best of my ability. There have been many changes. One such change is that as a previous bacon FREAK, I find I don't much care for the taste of real bacon anymore. I've been eating Turkey Bacon for 2 months, and I bought a package of Center Cut Reduced Sodium Bacon and Oh. My Gosh... It sucked! It felt like lead in my stomach! I'm almost nauseous just talking about it!

Another food to give up has been white starch. Oh Lordy..... Where oh where did my white starch go? I don't even miss it now. Oh sure, every once in a while I get a hankerin for potatoes, but I can satisfy that with turnips or true sweet potatoes or other squash mashed up or oven roasted. And I only eat whole grain or pumpernickel bread.

Times are changing here, times are changing!

I would LOVE to meet folks who are dedicated to changing their lifestyle habits so PLEASE contact me!