Darn You Girl Scout Cookies!

Options

Replies

• 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You wanna talk about blindsided! I was visiting my mother in the ICU last week. (she just had a heart transplant) and there was a girl scout selling in the hallway of the ICU!!! I'm not joking! There has got to be some kind of law against that!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Uggghhh, Samoas!!!!

I probably would have ended up doing the same thing... That is my favorite!

Live and learn, tomorrow is another day. I dont want to say never buy any more ever again. But next time, ask someone to help you put say, 2 or 3 cookies each into zip-lock bags and then ration them or give some of them away to others so you dont eat all.

This is how we learn from our mistakes and keep from going back into old eating habits. This was a learning experience, use it.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Whenever I plan on going to the store, I'm always thinking of ways to avoid whoever is standing at the front of the store. I failed miserably yet again. =(
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You wanna talk about blindsided! I was visiting my mother in the ICU last week. (she just had a heart transplant) and there was a girl scout selling in the hallway of the ICU!!! I'm not joking! There has got to be some kind of law against that!

oh wow! I work in a hospital...sitting here as we speak (working hard..lol!) and there is no way our administrators would EVER go for something like that! Wowza!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The problem with freezing them is that thin mints taste so good frozen they are even more of a temptation.
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The problem with freezing them is that thin mints taste so good frozen they are even more of a temptation.

agreed...I normally keep mine in the fridge!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options

^YES...thin mints do NOT Make me feel thin! haha
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just got 6 boxes of girl scout cookies... the key I feel is to not eat a whole sleeve in one sitting and just have a serving... though I normally end up having a couple more just to be sure the rest are still good
  • gusefarm
    gusefarm Posts: 1
    Options
    What a great idea.....didn't know you could do that. (donate to soldiers) I messed up this weekend and am also thinking that today is a new day. Gonna get back on track!!! Here we go Monday!!!!
  • msmithevv
    msmithevv Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Let me follow that up with "Damn you Easter Candy!"

Worst part is, I didn't buy it! My husband did. He knows I'm a total sucker for those Robin's Eggs.

I mean, come on! I wouldn't offer an alcoholic a drink, why do the people I love keep giving me these naughty treats?!

So far I've managed to stick to half the serving size most days and haven't devoured the entire bag . . . yet. : (

Girl Scout Cookies then Robin Eggs - I may be doomed!! I have no will power over either so I bought girl scout cookies that I didn't like and just don't buy the Robin Eggs. I would devour the entire bag of Robin Eggs in 10 minutes. :noway:
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    My dad brought home two boxes of thin mints which were easy enough to avoid, but then my sister brought home thin mints and peanut butter patties. that was torture lol
  • j_emerson
    j_emerson Posts: 48
    Options

Worst part is, I didn't buy it! My husband did. He knows I'm a total sucker for those Robin's Eggs.

I mean, come on! I wouldn't offer an alcoholic a drink, why do the people I love keep giving me these naughty treats?!

So far I've managed to stick to half the serving size most days and haven't devoured the entire bag . . . yet. : (

I'm totally with you on the Easter Candy. I love the Cadbury Eggs and the Robin's Eggs. I've been able to stay away from the Cadbury Eggs (so far!!), but unfortunately became a magician and made an entire bag of Robin's Eggs disappear in 2 days.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

As a troop leader AND a cookie mom (OMG 864 boxes in my house this year.. ugh!) I have to say that is absolutely not appropriate behavior for a Girl Scout.

If you ever see something like that, get her troop number, council name off her sash and send an email to the council...I can see in a regular ward, maybe a nurse's daughter selling to staff, but never in ICU...
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    OH! Since it's winter....

PUT THEM IN THE FREEZER. forget about them. In the winter, they're not as good when they're cold.. in the summer, when you need a little pick-me-up, open the box, take out ONE serving, and put the box BACK in the freezer... they are amazing frozen in the summer....

I ate half a box of pb patties last week too... :(
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I had one of those NSV's yesterday when the wife and I left Mass. The Girl Scouts were selling additional cookies after Mass and my wife and I passed on buying extras.

Don't get me wrong, we support the Girl Scouts and have always bought LOTS of cookies in our initial order ... we're the folks that typically buy and freeze GS cookies with the intention of eating them all year long only to have the cookies never make it to the freezer ... and then gone back to "support" them further by typically buying an amount equal to our first order the second time around. I was getting ready to go over and instinctively buy additional boxes when my wife reminded me that we still had plenty of cookies from our initial order. It was then that I realized that I've only had 1 1/2 servings of GS cookies this year. Normally, I'm the guy who eats a box in one sitting while trying to decide which of the flavors I REALLY want to eat.

I felt kind of bad passing by the table because we've usually bought so much on the second round sales, but at the same time, I just couldn't help feeling glad that I had the willpower to pass on the second round and also to have only eaten a serving and a half this whole year ... normally by now I'd easily be into my second or third case of these things. Maybe this year, I'll just write the check to the GS for the second round. :-)
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    4b94241c-4904-ac28.jpg
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I helped my sister to sell them. She is a Girl Scout Leader. I can not eat them. All the cookies have soy in them. I am allergic to soy beans. So I cant eat them at all. Its a good thing when you see them everywhere for sale.

and thats partly why I bought them...to support the girl scouts...will have to remember next year instead of buying for me, I will buy and donate to soliders overseas :)

I was going to suggest the soldiers overseas, but also Girl Scouts accept monetary donations without cookies in return. Donations are tax deductible, while cookie purchases are not.

That said, it's a great, inclusive, organisation that helps girls learn responsibility and have fun doing it.!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I just got 6 boxes of girl scout cookies... the key I feel is to not eat a whole sleeve in one sitting and just have a serving... though I normally end up having a couple more just to be sure the rest are still good

Well, DUH!
  • FitLink
    Options

I'm totally with you on the Easter Candy. I love the Cadbury Eggs and the Robin's Eggs. I've been able to stay away from the Cadbury Eggs (so far!!), but unfortunately became a magician and made an entire bag of Robin's Eggs disappear in 2 days.

I have a partiality for Cadbury eggs, too. It must be rare, though. Everyone I meet finds the yellow and white goo inside too egg-like and gross! And I love Peeps! Peeps were better, though, when you could only get them near easter. I think that's why I like these things. You can only get them sometimes. I love peppermint stick ice cream too (not the green "mint" stuff--peppermint stick) because you can only get it near xmas. I think that's the magic of GS cookies too. If I can get it anytime, it's not so good...
  • FitLink
    Options
    4b94241c-4904-ac28.jpg

Nice 'shop.