Anyone else annoyed with Weight Watchers?

Options
Not trying to be negative, but all my coworkers are on Weight Watchers and are trying to get me to join. I think it's a waste of money. It basically just takes calorie counting and makes it more difficult. Why do I need to pay $50 a month to have someone tell me how many points are in my food when I already know the calorie content? I like MFP because it's free and it works! Anyone else with me here?

Replies

• KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    Not trying to be negative, but all my coworkers are on Weight Watchers and are trying to get me to join. I think it's a waste of money. It basically just takes calorie counting and makes it more difficult. Why do I need to pay $50 a month to have someone tell me how many points are in my food when I already know the calorie content? I like MFP because it's free and it works! Anyone else with me here?

WW is hard to not to fall off track...........plus, its just about portion control.......not WHAT to eat......and how to eat healthily!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yes. They don't teach you a healthy way of living, just 'points'. So technically you could just eat 18 points a day worth of WW brownies...

Also, a lot of their frozen meals are full of crap, simple carbs and sodium!!
  • angelashay42
    Options
    MFP has a support system, it gives you a guideline of what you should be consuming without telling you what to eat. So I don't see how WW is any better.
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't need to pay 50+ a month to sit around with a bunch of other fat people complaining about being fat and then buying cookies that are only 'a couple of points' to feel better about being fat. Just sayin.
  • kiphonix
    kiphonix Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a bit annoyed with Weight Watchers' points system. I've never been on weight watchers before but I know people that have and it gets to be a bit annoying eating around them because they count the points in the food IM EATING!! I may be eating foods that cost more points but the foods that I eat are whole, mostly organic, no added preservatives, foods (at least in the morning and afternoons). They tell me about how my raw, organic fruit and nut bars are way too many points while they're eating a weight watchers cookie that's loaded with fake sugar. I can't deal!!

I count my calories but not religiously. I just try to be mindful. I'm overweight and do need to shed pounds but I get so annoyed by the calorie counting points that let you eat stupidly as long as the portions are good. I love my friend dearly but it's like can't even eat around her without the in depth analysis about why what I'm eating is "wrong". I'd much rather eat a Larabar that has "too many" points rather than a weight watchers oatmeal or cookie that's laced with fillers to reduce calories. I love my friend though Lol.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I have never done WW... but I get it. Some people need a starting point....investing that money is maybe their push to actually go through with a healthy lifestyle.

Is it sustainable? I don't believe so. Now that apps and the Internet have blown up, people have access to better (and free!) tools to help themselves. Why judge?
  • purplehorizon
    purplehorizon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I signed up for WW along with several co-workers. I've been on it for four weeks and have lost weight; however I don't like the point system and still have not figured it out. I actually place all of my food in MFP then figure out the points using the end of day total for my carbs, protein, fiber and fat. Once the 10 weeks are complete, I won't be signing up again. At least I can say been there done that LOL

Oh and I agree with the person who said you could eat 18 point of WW brownies so it really doesn't teach about being healthy.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just started Weight Watchers Points yesterday. I hit the wall and figured I needed a change of pace with my weight lose routine. It's only been a couple days so I have no real opinion on it yet. I'm hoping it works but I'm still logging on here just in case I bomb with it :smile:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I liked WW. There were a lot of good strategies I learned. Not too different than MFP in a lot of ways. I hate that they change up their program regularly. And you really need to attend the meetings - their online site isn't that motivational.
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Options
    Lost 25 pounds on WW 13 years ago, but here I am again. When I started MFP a month ago I was 5 pounds heavier than when I started WW. Hopefully this lifestyle change lasts the rest of my lifetime.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    because they count the points in the food IM EATING!!

eat a high protein diet and track the WW points...

On a hangry inducing diet I'm over my points everyday.

(my wife does WW and I've tracked my points for ****s and giggles before).