Feta-Topped Chicken

Options
HealthierMamasita
HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
GetImage.aspx?ObjectId=24319&type=Recipe

Chicken breasts go uptown with a brush of balsamic, a sprinkle of herbs and a warmed feta finish. Simply sensational! From eatbetteramerica. Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:25 min
makes:4 servings

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper blend
1 large plum (Roma) tomato, cut into 8 slices
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 oz)

1. Set oven control to broil. Brush both sides of chicken breasts with dressing. Sprinkle both sides with Italian seasoning and seasoned pepper. Place on rack in broiler pan.
2. Broil with tops 4 inches from heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Broil chicken about 15 minutes. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 1 to 2 minutes longer.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 260mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g); Protein 33g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%

Replies

• HealthierMamasita
    Options
    GetImage.aspx?ObjectId=24319&type=Recipe

Chicken breasts go uptown with a brush of balsamic, a sprinkle of herbs and a warmed feta finish. Simply sensational! From eatbetteramerica. Prep Time:10 min
    Start to Finish:25 min
    makes:4 servings

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
    2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper blend
    1 large plum (Roma) tomato, cut into 8 slices
    1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 oz)

1. Set oven control to broil. Brush both sides of chicken breasts with dressing. Sprinkle both sides with Italian seasoning and seasoned pepper. Place on rack in broiler pan.
    2. Broil with tops 4 inches from heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned.
    High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Broil chicken about 15 minutes. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 1 to 2 minutes longer.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 260mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g); Protein 33g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!!! Thanks!!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. Thanks!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Very welcome :flowerforyou:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I bet this would be good on the grill, too!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    wow this looks so good! And super gourmet, thank you!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    You are very welcome.
    Foods taste so much better when grilled :bigsmile:
  • downgothepounds
    Options
    Looks wonderful!

This is on the menu for the week ahead. :)
  • lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Gotta try it! Thanks!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    gonna have to try this.

I make something similar to this all the time, except it has lemon juice and red peppers, i make it weekly, everyone loves it, going to try this next week when the hubby gets home!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm I have been looking for new ways to make chicken and this is easy and sounds yummy.

Thanks J!:flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I finally got around to making this and it was SO good. Thank you so much for reproducing the recipe. My family enjoyed it and it was SO easy.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Very welcome :flowerforyou:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That looks SO good!!! :happy:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    I love feta! I love tomatoes! I love grilled chicken! So I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this recipe! Thank you.:love:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    bump so i can find this later....looks super yummy.
  • OElephant
    OElephant Posts: 3
    Options
    It looks yummy and very simple to make. My husband loves good food, I am definately going to try it on Sunday:happy:
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Very welcome... Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe and website! They have some really good looking recipes on it...
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    adding to my topics. sounds yum!