Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help with recent vegetarian daughter!!

2»

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Is she still having dairy and eggs?
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Some people are just natural vegetarians, though it sounds like your daughter had a fairly traumatic trigger...I define myself as a natural vegetarian . I've never been a big fan of meat and I don't miss it at all, but similar videos and images were my trigger to drop meat altogether.
    From what you listed it sounds like she's getting a good variety of really good, nutritious food, and I commend you for making sure her food groups are covered and not trying to give her salad for every meal like my parents tried doing.
    There are doctors who are very anti-vegetarian, and I hope for yours and your daughters sake her pediatrician isn't so dismissive of a valid lifestyle choice, just be warned you may very well come across strong contention. This may be a phase, and she may choose meat again at some point but it's great you're so supportive of her choices.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Did her diet have that much fiber prior to going vegetarian? (Not that it is bad, fiber is great, but in the beginning it can mess with your body.)
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Hey everyone, just wanted to give an update. My daughter got checked and everything seems to be fine, did some blood work to make sure. Put her on a multivitamin and told me to watch her for a few more days to see how things go. He said it seems to be just her body adjusting since she is still eating everything else she always ate except meat. We have always drank soy milk and she has eaten soy meat and tofu when we go to the in-laws so we know it wasn't that. I do trust this doctor but if in a few more days she doesn't feel better I will get a second opinion.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Well as of today she is feeling 100% better! Her body has returned to normal and she feels great. So I guess it was just her body trying to get used to the changes.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    That's awesome! Tell her best of luck. I went veggie at 11 and never looked back and am so happy with my choice.