Fifty Shades of Gray sells for $999.99

Options
skpresley20
skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
There is a big hype about a BDSM trilogy book going around and one of the book in the trilogy is selling for $999.99. Apparently this book is uber awesome and "worth it". Though this is not the lowest that the book ranks for, in the "used" section of amazon it sells no less than $50 w/s&h. In the "new" section I think it goes no less than $200 something.

Keep in mind that to get this book at the library, you are probably going to be on a waiting list for quite a few years. And even though it's $7 through E-books for the kindle, if you don't have a kindle, you have to buy one. Which is much cheaper than buying all 3 of the books, when just one book sells for a thousand dollars.

And it's out of stock everywhere on amazon.

anyways, no matter how good the series is, is it worth it?

*Edited, it's Fifty Shades of "Grey" not "gray"

Replies

• LisaVeganBHScNutrition
    Options
    There is a big hype about a BDSM trilogy book going around and one of the book in the trilogy is selling for $999.99. Apparently this book is uber awesome and "worth it". Though this is not the lowest that the book ranks for, in the "used" section of amazon it sells no less than $50 w/s&h. In the "new" section I think it goes no less than $200 something.

Keep in mind that to get this book at the library, you are probably going to be on a waiting list for quite a few years. And even though it's $7 through E-books for the kindle, if you don't have a kindle, you have to buy one. Which is much cheaper than buying all 3 of the books, when just one book sells for a thousand dollars.

And it's out of stock everywhere on amazon.

anyways, no matter how good the series is, is it worth it?

I read this story prior to it being published, when the author posted her stories on a fan fic website. She is an amazing writer. But, of course, that is a lot (!!!) of money to pay for it. I wish people all over the world could read a sample of it so they can get a taste of it. I believe it is worth it.