BREAKFAST

Options
I thought it would be interesting to get some healthy breakfast ideas! I am always hungry when I wake. What do you eat for breakfast? What is good to keep hunger pangs at bay.

Replies

• shelbysmom08
    Options
    I usualy get up early so sometimes i eat a piece of string cheese or cereal them walk on treadmill. But I need more ideas for breakfast too.
  • Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    I have a hardboiled egg, a banana and a cheesestring for breakfast most days.
  • sxsimpers
    Options
    I usually do some Instant Oatmeal in the morning. I get really hungry between breakfast and lunch, and I've found that oatmeal is the best thing for keep me fuller longer, which has a pretty reasonable calorie count. I mix it up by cutting up fresh fruit and mixing it in. If you put cold raspberries into warm oatmeal, they kinda melt and make the whole thing really tasty. I also put in a dash of cinnamon and some splenda to make it a little bit sweeter.
  • shelleyphant
    shelleyphant Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I find I'm not always massivley hungry at breakfast. I like to make a burrito by taking a wrap, adding philly cheese and seasoning followed by a two egg omlette all rolled up and sliced in half. I find half of it and a peice of fruit is enough and then usually take the other half to work for lunch.

I love it because I can make it the night before and wrap it in foil and when I am in work early I can grab it and go. I also like to add some different flavours like indian or cajun spices and some spring onions or mushrooms.

Made myself hungry now mmmm
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've started having Ready Brek and Skimmed Milk. I am trying to reduce my sugar intake on breakfast's so I can make sure I don't go over it during the rest of the day so I am going to try Soya Milk with my Breakfast today. I first had Soya Milk a couple of days ago and it's really nice, tastes like vanilla or cornish ice cream. I've had Blueberries with that, I also have some Raspberries and Blackberries to try with it and it's really nice.

I also like Omelette's, high in protein, low in fat, sugar and carbs. I add Red, Green or Yellow Peppers, Red Onions, Mushrooms, Quorn Sausage and a drop of Skimmed Milk for texture.

Could also try hard or sold boiled eggs.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Porridge or an omelette. Avoid sugary cereals/porridge if you want to feel satiated for longer. :drinker:
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    Depends what you like, or are willing to eat. I am an omnivore and have three favorite breakfasts that I cycle through:

Slice of toast w/serving of peanut butter
    Fresh fruit (banana, apple, pineapple, grapefruit, berries - whatever's handy)
    cup of skim milk

2 eggs (or egg beaters) scrambled
    2-3 slices bacon, well cooked
    Fresh Fruit

Oatmeal I either cook myself, or get already cooked and hot from Starbucks, McDonalds, or Panera.
    The oatmeal has fresh or dried fruit, but no cream. I'll add a cup of skim milk as a chaser.
  • jorowling
    jorowling Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How about a slice of multi-grain toast, with ricotta cheese on top followed by mixed berries, blueberries/strawberries/raspberries. Mmm yum. :)
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN SEEMS TO STICK WITH ME LONGER:bigsmile:
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started a thread awhile ago with my favorite breakfast that I make: make-ahead then freeze breakfast pockets. You just pop them in the oven frozen while you're getting ready and then they're perfect and crisp when you need to head out the door.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/495676-healthy-filling-breakfast-on-the-go-pockets?hl=pockets#posts-6888351

A little more work than toast, but I love just making them all ahead of time (and changing the fillings) and then having all my breakfasts for the week ready! :)
  • Celticlin
    Celticlin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I ended up having porridge oats with banana, blueberries and 10g seeds. Very filling, but love all the new ideas!
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    it depends :) this morning I had a large carrot with low fat yogurt and it was fresh and delicious :)
    sometimes I eat a banana
    and I often eat cornflakes or muesli with coconut milk :)
  • kmfolkins
    kmfolkins Posts: 64
    Options
    activia
    Kashi Go Lean Cereal (13g protein per serving!)
    berries, I usually change up the type to keep it interesting
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of cold cereal when I am working, but when I am off, I cook.

I cut up 1/4 onion and 1/2 bell pepper, cook em up, and mix em with 4 eggwhites. Scramble it all up, add some low fat cheddar cheese, and (because I like my food spicy hot) sprinkle the top with cayanne pepper. Yum!!!
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Porridge with raisins or two boiled eggs ;-)
  • leapinglime
    Options
    The Belvita bisuits are the best thing ever :D They're so tastey and they fill me up till lunchtime and there's hardly any calories :D

(Woah, I sound like an advertising campaign!)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    As soon as I get out of bed, I have a glass of juice. Then I take my shower and get ready for work, then I have a Greek yogurt (about 45 minutes later). Then 2 hours after that I have fruit.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Porridge with skimmed milk, omelette with cherry tomatoes, raspberries with natural yoghurt....or when I'm running late any fruit that I have in.

Porridge is the most filling in my opinion :)
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been making smoothies most mornings. Fresh or frozen mixed berries. A banana. A dash of organic honey and a little milk or yogurt.

My other staple is rice cakes and peanut butter. (Adams all natural brand does not have sugar added) or I get apple honey from an Organic grocer.