How often do you weigh yourself.

Options
13»

Replies

• love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in about once a month, mainly because I feel like I'm losing slowly, and seeing more at a time makes me feel better!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    your most accurate weight should be after you sleep, and wake up and evacuate your bowels and bladder............aka
    first thing in the am, after a poop and pee.

keep in mind..........you drink a bottle of water.........you just "gained" a lb on the scale
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i cant resist of weigh every day
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning right after I wake up and do my daily b-room stuff (bathroom,teeth brushing all that good stuff)
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I weigh when I am at work (doctor's office, I can't stop myself!) but I only count my Friday weigh in.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    havnt weighed myself since end of january, too afraid of what im going to see
  • Venus2011
    Venus2011 Posts: 82
    Options
    Every Monday morning having peeing and naked. And I record that weight. May weigh once during the week but not that often. I also rely on the tape measure too. I measure myself about once a month. I like to see the inches falling off too.
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your personality. I can easily get into the habit of weighing daily, but I get frustrated when I don't see movement that I think I should, so I make myself wait every week if not longer.

But for those who don't get discouraged by not seeing any movement for days at a time, the daily thing can be helpful.

I fully intend on weighing myself daily once I hit my goal weight to keep me in check and to ensure that I don't allow myself to gain more than a few pounds ever again.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I only "weigh in" once a week on Sunday mornings. That way I see the weekly fluctuations but I only count it once a week. :)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I weigh like every 2/3 days. I only record my weight though once a week.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once every couple of weeks. I'm not a daily or even weekly recorder of my weight through MFP.
  • MrsEb79
    MrsEb79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Otherwise, I drive myself nutso. I usually skip the week that Aunt Flo comes to town because I know that I will be up about four pounds.
  • aeaton0828
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday morning before I eat or drink anything.
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i disappoint myself regularly--- every morning, naked, before i get into the shower. Rarely does it make me smile. I am under my calorie limit every day, exercise about 30 minutes a day, and still no loss for quite a while. I am beginning to hate that little message that always says, ""if you ate like this everyday, you woule weigh 155 in 5 weeks". Like Rot I would!! very discouraged.
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    Once a week. Otherwise, I drive myself nutso. I usually skip the week that Aunt Flo comes to town because I know that I will be up about four pounds.

This^

Every Saturday morning the scale and I meet at the appointed time. Usually after I walk the dog, and have a shower.

"Hello, scale," I say, daring it to tell me something rude in reply. The scale does not respond, preferring to silently reproach me by the LCD alone. I had approached it hopefully earlier in the week, and it mocked me with numbers that I knew could not be true. Embarrassed by my folly, I slunk away, plotting to replace it with a more agreeable model.

So, now I have returned on Saturday morning, at the correct time, and before it could think of something cutting to show me, I poked the button with my toe and hopped on. Two pounds gone! Pwned.

I win this week, scale. Seeya next Saturday.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a no-scale March this month, but typically it's 2-3 times a day. Too obsessed with the scale, which is why I'm going no-scale.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    At the moment, I don't have a scale at home, so I only weigh when it's convenient. Between myself and the kids, someone is at the doctor every couple of weeks, so I just weigh when I go to the doctor. It's usually ever 2-4 weeks for me. Even if I had a scale at home, it wouldn't be more than every week. I'd make myself crazy if I did more than that.
  • sarahkraus1982
    sarahkraus1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, but I'm only going to log losses/gains on Mondays at the same time every Monday.