low cal low carb cheap protein powder?

Options
the cheapest one with lowest carbs, what is it? please help or feel free to direct me to an existing thread.
Thank you

Replies

• scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress, you can buy it at Walmart for $14.99, several flavors and they taste pretty good.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    you may as well eat a chicken leg! Cheap protein powder is worse than eating chicken!

Get Optimum Nutrition Gold standard!
    It's the best powder for the buck!

And why low carb/cal?
    I dont understand why?
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    you may as well eat a chicken leg! Cheap protein powder is worse than eating chicken!

And why low carb/cal?
    I dont understand why?
    Maybe she's on a diet
  • elfx
    elfx Posts: 10
    Options
    HAHA, thank you!
    Of course I am, gosh.
    Thanks for the replies, I am comparing all of the options now :)
    Unfortunately I do not have a walmart where I live but thanks for responding all the same I shall pass on the info to my american friends.

And why low carb/cal?
    I dont understand why?
    Maybe she's on a diet
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

since when is chicken bad for you?
    and there is nothing better about any protein powder, they are all unregulated...........
  • bluangelz
    bluangelz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I go to GNC. I have tried the cheaper ones that you can get in the grocery store but keep going back to GNC. I have used the Lean shake which are really good. We are currently using AMP. Has a lot of protein, and calories depending on how you make it. AS for cost GNC usually has some pretty good sales and BOGO, that way you mix and match flavors. Also I have the membership for an extra percentage off.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the healthwise shakes. They run in the ballpark of $11-15 per box and each box has 7 packets. Each packet will make 1 shake, has 100 cal, 7 carb, and 15 protein. The flavors taste like milkshakes. I mix them with almond milk, fruit, and other things.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    body fortress meets your needs, and its all i have used for years
    140cal
    26g protein
    4g carbs

around 50 cents for a 26g serving of protein.........
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the healthwise shakes. They run in the ballpark of $11-15 per box and each box has 7 packets. Each packet will make 1 shake, has 100 cal, 7 carb, and 15 protein. The flavors taste like milkshakes. I mix them with almond milk, fruit, and other things.

My favorite flavors are Strawberry Creme, Chocolate, Mint Chocolate, and Vanilla. You can order them online. The healthwise products are a very good source of protein, but low cal, low carb. I have tried many of their snacks like their protein chips, bars, and cookies.
  • elfx
    Options
    OK. I have an ED.
    I am terrified of fat even though I KNOW it's good for me. Irrational yes, but I can't help the anxiety that goes along with it.
    I do get fat in my diet, enough to make chicken seem like an extravagance especially since I am low income and can't afford good quality meat.

Now could everybody just STOP with the chicken all ready. GEEZE.
  • elfx
    Options
    P.S
    Thank you everyone for your replies, I'm going shopping tomorrow and trying a couple. Will let you know what and which I prefer.
    :]
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    sweetheart, how can you afford protein powder if you can not afford chicken?
  • elfx
    Options
    sweetheart, how can you afford protein powder if you can not afford chicken?

I cannot afford QUALITY chicken.
    besides, like I said. ED. irrational.
    and a shake doesn't feel like a big toxic lump in my stomach like chicken does, a shake won't make me want to purge etc.
    I don't see how it's your business how I can afford anything but that's cool.