MY SIZE ADDICTION CONFESSION

Options
I must confess I am addicted to size. Before having children I was comfortably a size 6. This was without effort. Since having kids I have gone up to a SIZE 10. Honestly I could probably wear a 12 but I absolutely REFUSE! This is a wake up call.

Going from being able to buy any 6 anywhere without trying on clothes to having to try on clothes and refuse to buy items because the SIZE10 isn't becoming. This has been an EYE OPENER!

Truthfully I know there is nothing wrong with the size 10 but I am addicted to being my SIZE 6. I recognize that I may never ever be a 6 again so I guess I need to mourn it and bury it (along with a closet full of clothes). But I thought I should at least confess this flaw and see if others shared my pain. No matter what size you are addicted to I say let it go and be the best and look your best in whatever, however.

I am going to lose weight; but no longer to fit in the clothes and regain my wardrobe, but I am going to do it for me. As a wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend I just want to be my healthy self and look great no matter what I put on and NO MATTER WHAT SIZE I AM WEARING!

Replies

• dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was a size 5 BEFORE having my son, (he is 3 now) and Im just NOW down to a 6 again... it took me the whole 3 years to get this far... After I had him though I thought Id never get this small again and gave away ALL the clothes I had under an 8... boy o boy do i regret that now... all those pretty things. :sad:
    Before using the MFP I was hanging around a 7/8 and since joining Ive lost a size!!! :bigsmile:
    Now if your actual bones (hips) have widened there might be a chance to say goodbye to those threads. . otherwise just use them as inspiration to keep on your journey, and if you do find they are making you obsess THEN get rid of them...
    beauty IS beauty no matte the size :flowerforyou:

p.s. I checked out your pictures and Ive got to say you are stunning :love:
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You are inspiration! Thanks so much! I pray that I stay on track.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    If you want to be a size 6 YOU CAN DO IT>>>>Stay on track and record your calories, exercise and make healthy choices. If you want it badly enough you'll find a way.:wink:
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I agree do not get rid of the clothes yet! unless your hips widened from childbirth, you can do it. im smaller than i was when i gave birth to my first child 20 yrs ago! but i have clothes in my closet that I wan to get back to size 6. almost in my 8s so if i can do it you can too!
  • bhersh24
    bhersh24 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm in the same exact boat... almost. I was always a 6 before my girls. Went right back to being a 6 after my first and was so painfully sick during my second pregnancy that I actually LOST weight and was smaller after my second was born. Only it didn't last! 6 months after she was born, my weight started climbing and I've somehow managed to gain 20 pounds in the past 2 years and now I can't seem to lose it! With MFP I have managed to drop 10 lbs but haven't really noticed a difference in my clothes yet. I'm determined, though! I have a whole closet calling my name and I WILL fit in those clothes again! For me. I want to feel better and know I was able to accomplish my goal. Good luck to you! I'm fighting the battle right along side you! Keep it up!!
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I'd honestly rather be addicted to a size than a weight... I'm supposed to weigh 127 lbs... but I fit in a size 8 when I was 186 and 21% on the BMI! If I want to weigh 200 lbs and I can fit my a*s in a size 6 comfortably, who am I to complain? LOL You can make a size 6 if you want it and work for it... that's my goal, and I've had 2 kids. Good luck! =D
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I am trying. I just have to get back into the swing of things. It was probably about this time after my first child that I began to lose weight. For some reason I feel like I just came out of a heavy fog. I guess I am programmed to be all about baby unto they almost reach the age of 2. Well on the 4th of July my beautiful baby girl (baby 2) will be 2 and I will be a SIZE 6! And that will be a great time to celebrate!