Weight loss due to recession

Options
Ever since I have been watching my pockets I have slowed down on take out, fast food and restaurants. When I had the extra cash I would eat it all away. I would buy groceries and stock up and never cook it because I was lazy. Now I have no choice but to cook every meal. I love it and I hate it kind of miss the food, but I will overcome!

Replies

• Funisweetsmart
    Funisweetsmart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ever since I have been watching my pockets I have slowed down on take out, fast food and restaurants. When I had the extra cash I would eat it all away. I would buy groceries and stock up and never cook it because I was lazy. Now I have no choice but to cook every meal. I love it and I hate it kind of miss the food, but I will overcome!
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I guess thats one way to look at the recession in a positive note. Not having the money to eat out gives you the power to choose what you eat and how it is cooked. Did you ever go and look up your fav meal on the food journal you may be surprised by how many calories you are saving yourself. I looked up a couple of meals to see and sat and looked at the numbers then try to add up how long it would take me to work that off, NO BLOODY THANK YOU!! Besides portions are sooo out of control at restaurants nowadays. I went to the mall one day and got a three sided plate from the china food because that is what my kids wanted and fed all three of them with one plate,:noway: Its crazy, Good luck to you!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I guess thats one way to look at the recession in a positive note. Not having the money to eat out gives you the power to choose what you eat and how it is cooked. Did you ever go and look up your fav meal on the food journal you may be surprised by how many calories you are saving yourself. I looked up a couple of meals to see and sat and looked at the numbers then try to add up how long it would take me to work that off, NO BLOODY THANK YOU!! Besides portions are sooo out of control at restaurants nowadays. I went to the mall one day and got a three sided plate from the china food because that is what my kids wanted and fed all three of them with one plate,:noway: Its crazy, Good luck to you!

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the wrap I get at Applebee's is no where near as bad as I thought it was, especially if I request the whole wheat tortilla and reduced fat cheese (that I was already doing). Now, other things I used to like... I agree. NO THANKS!
  • Funisweetsmart
    Funisweetsmart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have looked at the calories I am saving and I am glad that its benefiting me.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've really cut down how much I go out, and yes, the calories I don't eat magically turn into dollars that flow into my bank account! Now I'm miserable when I forget lunch/dinner at home, because what took me at the most 5 dollars to make will cost me 15+ to replace.