What are some EASY recipes involving mushrooms?

Options
klynn08
klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
I am not the greatest cook so im looking for something easy. Ive been on a mushroom kick lately and wanted to know what recipes you guys like that includes them?

Replies

• EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can make lots of things! Soup, thai curry with lots of mushrooms, risotto...i like to add them to my lunch (pasta or salad) by slicing them up and putting them in a dish in the microwave with a bit of butter. sounds GROSS but tastes pretty good :)
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    galic mushrooms on toast. Win!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms in omelettes.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sauteed in olive oil with garlic to taste. Yummy!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    i put them on EVERYTHING i can! my favorites ... a turkey burger under a slice of cheese or in marinara sauce over veggies
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms in omelettes.

AND THIS!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I take a loaf of French bread and cut it in half. Then I hollow out the halve. I stuff it with mushrooms (you can cook them a little before you put them in the bread), and cover it with cheese. Then I bake it at 425 until the cheese is browned.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    If you saute up garlic, mushrooms and onions together, then puree it and add some sour cream, it makes a great mushroom soup :)
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Stuffed mushrooms! Something like this maybe? http://cleangreensimple.com/2011/05/stuffed-mushrooms :D
  • SuperSkinnyE
    Options
    I love sauteed mushrooms! They are so fast and easy to cook. Just throw the mushrooms in a skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat for about five minutes. I really like putting these in with couscous or quinoa (or any other rice) and making a salad by adding a bunch of other veggies like peppers, celery, carrots, tomato - whatever you have around and/or like! Add some lemon jucie & vinegar for flavor. I also like putting mushrooms in my vegan fajitas or tacos.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If they're fresh, eat them raw.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    They are great in stir fries or omelettes, or cooked with beef and barley. I like to make a mushroom sauce to top pasta, brown rice or spaghetti squash. Chicken Marsala (chicken in a mushroom white wine sauce) is one of my favorite dishes. Portabella caps make a great "burger". I love portabella burgers with grilled onions and horseradish mustard.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've added them to:

Bolognese Sauce
    Omelette
    Stuffed Peppers
    Savoury Rice

Pretty sure you can add them to a lot of recipes.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    sauteed with garlic and pepper and add in some fresh spinach and put on top of of a grilled chicken breast yummmm....

I cook them in everything pretty much... lol love them...
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Portobello Mushroom Cheese Pizza

img21392.jpg

Calories: 85 Carbs: 7 Fiber: 2 Fat: 5 Sugar: 4 Protein: 6 Sodium: 151
    Makes 2 servings (its 85 cals per serving)

Ingredients
    4 Tbsp - No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
    4 tsp (10g) - Kraft Parmesan Cheese
    4 Tbsp - Shredded Cheese (I used walmarts Fiesta Blend)
    2 Portobello mushroom Caps

Directions

1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
    2) Cut out mushroom stem and ribs with spoon. Don't throw away, save to the side.
    3) Bake for 10 minutes, remove and drain juice. ( draining the juice and even blotting with a paper towel helps them from being watery)
    4) Chop up stems & ribs. Put 2 Tbsp of sauce in each mushroom, then top with stems/ribs, 2 tbsp shredded cheese, and tsp Parmesan cheese.
    5) Bake in oven additional 15 minutes.

* Let sit for a minute then eat.

May seem like a lot of directions, but these are actually really really easy to make, I'm not the greatest cook either, but I've been experimenting a lot over the last year on MFP and have gotten better. This was one of the first foods I would make for dinner. :)
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I adore mushrooms I throw a pile in a pan with fry light and an onion add a big scoop or garlic and mushroom philly extra light and have them on toast with a handful of rocket and a bit of chopped parsley mmmmm nom xxx
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sauteed with Onions and Garlic and Herb seasoning. So yum!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I love them on bruschetta pizza! Palermo makes one that has about 490 calories for half a 12-14 inch pizza. It's in the MFP database. It only has cheese and tomatoes, herbs on it so I usually add tons of shrooms and chopped up red bell peppers. Yummy!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do with them lately is to sautee them with olive oil, garlic, peppers, onions and zuchinni and serve over rice or just as a side.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll get the portobellas and cook them like I would a burger. I'll add some Old Bay seasoning or garlic, then put a slice of cheese on and maybe put it on a bun. Sometimes I'll put sauce and cheese on it instead.

Since I'm gluten-free and many of the veggie burgers use wheat, I find this to be a delicious alternative. :)

If you have access to an Asian grocer, dehydrated shiitaki are great. I'll break them up, soak them, and add them to soup broth. :)