I have a confession-- I am a gym rat!!!

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
I truly enjoy working out for a long period of time last friday my husband had to drag me out of the gym after 2.5 hours and trust me I was kicking and screaming lol- I love going to the gym no matter if I am tired or not- To me there is no excuse not to go I don't even like my extra off day but my body does lol (my muscles are screaming)
I don't just do cardio either I am pretty serious in the weight area since I am in training- I love seeing and feeling my muscles changed

I wore shorts the other day at the grocery store and I couldn't help but watch my quad muscle flex every time I walked or when I get ready in the morning and brush my teeth I look at my bicep that is getting bigger lol-

My husband calls me a gym junkie- But its not like I am just trying to lose weight I am in training and he understands that- My food/meal plans are completely different and hardcore there is alot I can't have which is frustrating to him but he supports me and encourages me all the way even though he has already said He would never do it- Which is fine-

My family and friends support me they tell me all the time they don't see how I eat this or how I could spend so much time in the gym but then again they say its great what I am doing and they wish they could do it too--

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    I truly enjoy working out for a long period of time last friday my husband had to drag me out of the gym after 2.5 hours and trust me I was kicking and screaming lol- I love going to the gym no matter if I am tired or not- To me there is no excuse not to go I don't even like my extra off day but my body does lol (my muscles are screaming)
    I don't just do cardio either I am pretty serious in the weight area since I am in training- I love seeing and feeling my muscles changed

I wore shorts the other day at the grocery store and I couldn't help but watch my quad muscle flex every time I walked or when I get ready in the morning and brush my teeth I look at my bicep that is getting bigger lol-

My husband calls me a gym junkie- But its not like I am just trying to lose weight I am in training and he understands that- My food/meal plans are completely different and hardcore there is alot I can't have which is frustrating to him but he supports me and encourages me all the way even though he has already said He would never do it- Which is fine-

My family and friends support me they tell me all the time they don't see how I eat this or how I could spend so much time in the gym but then again they say its great what I am doing and they wish they could do it too--
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's the interesting part - the "I wish I could do that / look like that, but..." aspect of people wanting to get "healthier." I told someone who wants to lose weight that I lost 20+ pounds by eating carefully and going to the gym consistently. She said she goes to the gym once in a while, eats everything in sight, and ALWAYS works her weight issues into the conversation.

As I used to do that, I understand the struggle to WANT IT enough.
    As someone who wanted it enough, it can occasionally bother me. And then I feel guilty for thinking that.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    That's the interesting part - the "I wish I could do that / look like that, but..." aspect of people wanting to get "healthier." I told someone who wants to lose weight that I lost 20+ pounds by eating carefully and going to the gym consistently. She said she goes to the gym once in a while, eats everything in sight, and ALWAYS works her weight issues into the conversation.

As I used to do that, I understand the struggle to WANT IT enough.
    As someone who wanted it enough, it can occasionally bother me. And then I feel guilty for thinking that.

Yeah you have to Want it enough!- Its not always easy- But in the end it will be worth it and it also easy to become obsessed and discouraged- But then again you can use it as motivation when I am in the gym and doing my last cardio session of the week before my rest day (by now all my muscles are screaming) I literally have to talk to myself and repeat my goals because it is easy to say The Hell with this I am way to sore to try and do this right now- but you push through it and get it done and over with-
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    Oh gosh I totally hear you on this! I started training for a marathon 7 weeks ago and now I am hooked! My muscles are getting sooo toned and I love it!!