Needing a little support

Options
Actually, I need a lot today!

Being awake at 3 am has just got to STOP! I find it so hard to stick with my program when I am so tired. I packed my healthy on target lunch and I brought no change to work (I can't get to the vending machine). I feel like crying I am so tired.

Kristine

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking steps in the right direction today! Being proactive by packing your lunch and trying to avoid the vending machine is a great start. Once your day is over, hop in bed and rest up. You can do it. :-)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Still not sleeping? I'm so sorry your patterns haven't leveled out.
    From your previous post, I know that you have eliminated all stimulants - TV, exercising to late, ect so that won't be it. I read somewhere that trying to force yourself to go to sleep is one of the worse things for you and if you wake up in the middle of the night, it's sometimes better just to get up and stay up for about 30 minutes and then go back to bed. I don't know if that would help but I'm sure you toss and turn for longer than that just trying to get back to sleep!
    You must be exhausted by the end of the day...what time do you go to bed? You may even want to look at some herbal sleep aids if it gets much worse or see your Dr and let him know what's going on!
    Good luck honey! Hang in there!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you are still having this problem...I know how miserable it can be. Kudos to you for staying on track while going through this. It would be all too easy to give in and say to h*** with it! Staying on track is at least one area you have control over, the sleeplessness is not.

Have you tried the Melatonin yet? Perhaps you should start with the 5 mg's and if that works and you get several good night's sleep under your belt you could reduce it down to the 3mg. :flowerforyou: