Wii fit??

Options
Who here has the Wii Fit and how does it work? Does it work? Been thinking about buying one!

Thanks in advance,
~Katy

Replies

• Meatmanswife
    Options
    Who here has the Wii Fit and how does it work? Does it work? Been thinking about buying one!

Thanks in advance,
    ~Katy
  • whendbird
    whendbird Posts: 1
    Options
    Recently (11 days ago) got one. Enjoy it. Been also walking a mile on treadmill once a day between both have lost weight. I guess its like anything else ... somethings you'll enjoy and other parts not. I like the yoga/balance and aerobics so far. 9 year old son likes all of it.
  • jsmith187
    jsmith187 Posts: 1
    Options
    My family and I bought a Wii Fit a few months ago and love it! I haven't had a chance to do it recently with school and finals coming up, but when I did do it consistently I noticed improvement. It will weigh you and keep track of your progress. It also gives you a Wii Fit age which I believe is based on your balance... it's interesting. It really is a neat exercise tool and is perfect for days you can't go outside. The more progress you make the more "levels" you unlock. It it good motivation to keep going! Once I start it's hard to stop.
    So if you get it I hope you enjoy!!!
  • cmschapp
    cmschapp Posts: 8
    Options
    I have had the Wii Fit for several months. At first i was really into it. It has a lot of exercises that you can do however you have to go through and pick an activity complete it then go pick another one. It is not a great workout in my opinion. It does have nice tracking features about it including weight, BMI, progress etc. My sister let me borrow a game called My Fitness Coach I have had it for about 2 weeks and it is a real workout compared to the Wii Fit and Balance board. I don't think its tracking is quite as good as the Wii Fit however it provides a customized workout depending on your needs and the equipment you have available. It is also about $30. I hear the EA active is coming out with a game that uses the balance board from Wii Fit but not sure how that will be compared to my fitness coach. In my personal opinion if you want a good workout i would go with My fitness Coach.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It is easy to use and is great for working on balance and posture. It is a fun way to do checkin with the body test that weigh's you and adjust the look of your Mii based on your BMI. It is easy enough my two year old uses it but complex enough that I have trouble with some of the things at times. However, I think it is a fun thing to do, I would not consider it as a standalone workout device. For that it could easily get tiring and loses the appeal.

It is a fun active thing to do with the family or to work on balance. It has a few jogging in place things that were fun to do when it was too wet and cold to go out and run. That's what I get out of it.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have had the Wii Fit for several months. At first i was really into it. It has a lot of exercises that you can do however you have to go through and pick an activity complete it then go pick another one. It is not a great workout in my opinion. It does have nice tracking features about it including weight, BMI, progress etc. My sister let me borrow a game called My Fitness Coach I have had it for about 2 weeks and it is a real workout compared to the Wii Fit and Balance board. I don't think its tracking is quite as good as the Wii Fit however it provides a customized workout depending on your needs and the equipment you have available. It is also about $30. I hear the EA active is coming out with a game that uses the balance board from Wii Fit but not sure how that will be compared to my fitness coach. In my personal opinion if you want a good workout i would go with My fitness Coach.

In the line of real workout stuff for the wii, Yourself Fitness is also really good at tracking, doing fitness evaluations and customizing workouts.
  • LMann
    LMann Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have wII fit I think it is fantastic. you have to really work to open new exercises. And they all provide a workout that is fun and if you do it right healthful. Its worth the money. My 15 year old and I compete against each other.
  • elva82
    elva82 Posts: 6
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    i love the wii fit

I started using it about three weeks ago- i had shed a couple of pounds just from eating healthy- which was my main concern....
    Now I want to tone up. The WII FIT! Is it for me.

Not only do you get motivated to work out each day - if your like me and like a challenge you will take this head on.

You check in everyday, your BMI is charted along with your progress.
    Not to mention once you unlock enough "games" or activities, you get "FREE RUN"
    which is currently my favorite because you just jog 10-20-30 minutes you chose
    BUT heres what i love... you can change the channel and watch TV while your
    jogging in place!
    At the end of your run your remote will vibrate to let you know...
    You will also be told how many miles you jogged during this time which
    you can easy calculate and input on your exercise log

ALSO try CALORIEKING.com to kinda get a feel of how many calories your burning

:smooched: