Water intake!!

Options
Hey guys just wondering if anybody has any tips on how to fit in 8 glasses of water a day? most ive managed is 5 and even that was a struggle! i dont usually drink much through out the day but im trying my best and lets be honest water isnt a drink you look forward to drinking!
so any tips would be great!!

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine drinks one glass every time she brushes her teeth, one at every meal and one before bed. She said she also keeps a water bottle in her car.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I try to drink one as soon as I wake up (revs up my organs in the morning)... then one on my way to work (I have about a 20-35 minute commute). Then I drink one before I eat something.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I spend 8 hours at work so have a 4 glass sized bottle (litre) at my desk and take a hefty swig each hour - I usually get through 6 - 8 glasses that way throughout the day and then drink another 2 or 4 glasses in the evening depending on what sort of workout i'm doing.
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For Christmas a friend gave me a 24 oz. tervis drinking glass. I bought a plastic straw for it . I have a 48 oz water bottle that I keep in the fridge here at work and keep the glass full and at my desk. I don't drink teas or sodas, and I panic if I don't have my water nearby. The Tervis drinking glass has made it so much easier though. On the weekends my water intake would be practically nil, but since I got the Tervis, I am drinking as much water at home as I do during the week.
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I try and get all my water in while at work and then what I get in at home is bonus or I don't feel guilty for drinking something different. The trouble I face is it's boring so I've been intermixing a flavored water or adding lemon so that it keeps me interested.
  • PAFMP
    PAFMP Posts: 15
    Options
    I drink half my water before I get to work in the morning, then fill a 20 oz watter bottle 2 x's during the day. I make sure it's empty before I leave for the day (so I can rinse it out and let it air dry overnight). I also work out (inside) in the morning and drink another 20 oz water bottle during my workout.

I've made this habitual because I never could drink water all day long and I also found that I feel better when I do this.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Ooh, and the bonus of getting as much in early is you don't end up needing to pee all night. :-)
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass in the am.

32 oz before lunch (and the gym) I add lemon wedges for taste.
    32 oz before I leave work
    And then probably 4 more cups in the pm/evening.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a cup that holds 24 ounces without ice. I drink one of those with lunch and with dinner. I also drink at least one at each workout. That gets in my minimum requirement, but most times I will fill up at least one more time and drink it with a snack.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Unless it's summer, I have to flavor my water or I won't drink as much. I do a many different things every morning to fill up a half gallon jug, here are a couple of examples. Flavored water is still water! steep

Steep 2 organic blueberry teabags in boiling water, cool, add it to my jug with 2 crystal light "PURE" Lemonade flavor packets, then fill with water to make half gallon.

Slice 1/2 cucumber, chop some mint, add to jug and fill with water

Julianne some fresh ginger and steep in a cup a boiling water, cool add to your jug with 1 sliced lemon and fill with water.

Almost all fruits can be sliced to flavor water, also Rosemary, parsley, cilantro are tasty too

If you eat a good amount of fresh raw veggies such as cucumber, celery and greens, the water content is very high and you don't need to drink as much.

Sometimes I add water to my milk too. I know that one is odd... :tongue:

Hope at least one of these work for you!! ~~Marci~~
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    16 oz before work, 20 oz at work, 16 oz when i get home, 16 with supper...there is your 8, well my 8. but that is how i get it in. keep trying you'll get there
  • irishchick_77
    irishchick_77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a camelbak bottle that I carry around with me. Because it is so easy to get a drink, with the straw/bite valve, I drink more. I also get bored while sitting and fidget with the bite valve, thus drinking more simply out of boredom.
  • missbabygirlx
    Options
    Thanks everyone some great suggestions will defo be giving them a try!