Any couples out there?

Options

Replies

• WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I agree! My hunny and I work out almost daily together and enjoy finding and creating new "healthy" foods. He is a meat and potato kinda guy but is understanding off my lifestyle and has made the change with me!! Makes it a heck of alot easier when you've got someone who's got your back, supports you and encourages you 110%. We challenge eachother daily on our water intake and calorie intake, I run or walk while he's at wrk then when he gets home we workout together anywhere from an hr to 2 a day. Then on weekends our hobby is hiking! I wouldn't have it anyother way :wink:
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My fiancé and I are both trying to lose weight, but he doesn't like to sit down and record everything he eats. So I log on to his account and fill everything out for him and then he knows how many calories he has consumed and has left to eat for the day. I'm on here anyways, so it's not a big deal for me to take a couple extra minutes to fill his out too.
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    My husband and I are on here together. This is the first time we are both on the "healthier lifestyle" mind set at the same time. It's been great! He cooks healthy meals, we workout together and we are both examples to our daughter on making better food choices while maintaining a healthy body image.

Doing it together makes a HUGE difference!
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i started in dec my hubby in the past month he still has a hard time but is doing better
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Totoally agree. I get jealous and a little disappointed too but I couldn't do it without him doing it too. It makes it much more fun
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    My husband and I joined MFP together and are working to lose weight. I've got 49 pounds to lose, he has about 35. Unfortunately he loses the weight MUCH faster than I do, though we both plan to use MFP for the long-term and think of it more as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. Still, I get a bit jealous that he gets to eat so much more food than I do and still loses weight faster! But it's great to have your spouse as a support system and gym buddy. I don't think I could be as successful as I am without him

My hubby is on here, but is doing WeightWatchers online. I hate that all veggies and fruits are "free" for him and he can eat as many as he wants! But I couldn't see spending the money for the 2 of us to do WW and I love MFP! I agree, its definitely not been a diet for me. More of a game. I get excited when I am under cals! I feel like I won the game that day! Guess it is my competitive streak coming out. LOL
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    It makes me happy to see so many couples making this journey together. My girlfriend started a couple of weeks after I did, and we're pretty much MFP addicts these days. Our families think we're taking this too seriously (mainly because we don't want to go out to eat 1,500 calorie dinners with them anymore), so it's nice to know that someone supports what I'm trying to do. She holds me accountable and encourages me when I get frustrated, and I love that I can say "Hey, I'm going to be way over on my calories today, wanna go for a walk?" and not have to worry about her looking at me like I'm nuts. :)
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My fiancee and I are both using MFP. She is losing weight about twice as fast as I am right now. I have over 100 pounds left to lose. This is a life journey. It would be difficult without her support.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both here on MFP I'm active, he isn't. I don't think he ever comes in via computer, just on his iphone.
    We do not work out together often but we both try to keep eachother accountable. He is awesome at getting the the gym every day,
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't use MFP, but he has been a huge support for me. Granted he doesn't do everything 100% with me, sometimes he'll bring home cookies or chips etc, but not very often. He does workouts with me, he eats my experimental "low cal" dinners, but best of all he has been supportive no matter how many times I change my mind, or whine etc. There was a few weeks that he was busy and I was left doing most of it on my own, and it was soo sooo much harder. Really made me appreciate how much it has helped me to have him with me.

<<<< He even did a muddy 5K with me just to be supportive. lol
  • kao1114
    kao1114 Posts: 51
    Options
    My husband & I are doing MFP together. I agree, it gets a tad frustrating watching him melt away before my eyes while I am doing the exact same thing and staying the same weight but it is what it is - it will happen for me in my body's own time. We are both working toward our goals and encouraging each other to do so. It does make it easier doing it together - preparing meals, working around exercising schedules, just being there to support one another. We want to be around to nag each other into our golden years!
  • mollymarie83
    mollymarie83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are doing this together we started MFP together and are eating better and exercising, hes 6'5 and im 5'10 and he gets 1000 more calories a day than I do annnnd after our first month I lost 14lbs and he lost 27!! So I totally understand you =)
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Me and my wife are both on here, it's great to have her support and to have someone work out the calories ...just kidding on the last bit....
  • LisamarieBond14
    LisamarieBond14 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My partner and I (RikiB004) are doing this together and are both hoping to lose 50lbs by next February! It's so much better to do it together - we're a great team and are constantly supporting and encouraging each other! I'm so lucky!!
  • rlemay01
    rlemay01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started this because My wife did and now we are working on it together.
  • Rikib004
    Rikib004 Posts: 51
    Options
    That's me! Hey, We make a really good team motivating eachother when the other can't be bothered and cooking meals together to stay healthy...
  • nairobijones
    Options
    My girlfriend and I are both on here now. She has been using this more than I have, but I will be doing more in the next few weeks. We joined the gym together as well. It is motivating to have someone with a similar goal. I am excited to be exercising again. I am so tired of getting winded just from tying my shoes, lol.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    My husband and I are using MFP together. It helps that both of us are following the same plan. He has an ipod with a camera so he can take pictures of food labels whereas I have to type food into the diary. We both like this program better than weight watchers and we're both losing weight. Granted, he loses weight faster than I do, but I've come to accept it as a guy thing.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My husband and I joined Memorial Day 2011. He is Underweight! I started at 230 and am at 174.
    The doctor told Ian, my husband, to gain 10 pounds. He uses MFP to try to eat back all the calories he burns and tries to gain. He goes up a few and back down. At 5'10" he is 141 pounds and looks like an anatomy diagram, you can trace every muscle.
    I have gone from size 20 to 14 so far. My goal is to reach a normal weight range for a 5'2" woman.
    Ian is 46 and I am 61!

My boyfriend is trying to gain weight too. He isn't underweight, (6'1" 170) very healthy actually but he wants to bulk up. Imagine how frustrating it is to see him eating 3500 calories a day when I eat less than 2000! He uses MFP to make sure he is eating enough, because he is one of those weird people that just doesn't like to eat, hahahaha.
  • coreykantola
    Options
    My wife and i are both on MFP. We train together once a week with a trainer. At home when I'm spinning she pulls the treadmill beside me, were doing different things but at least we are together. Some times it hard to talk though when shes running up hill or im sprinting to the finish.
    Any time together is good time.