Hi Everyone....new to the site!

Options
bskts4ver
bskts4ver Posts: 14 Member
Hi, my name is Kristina and I'm 51 years young, but need to lose 40 pounds. 50 would be better, but my doctor says 40 is adequate to get me back in healthy ranges. I'm 5'11" and can carry more weight than someone shorter, but I'm still overweight.

I quit smoking cold turkey 6 years ago and have slowly but surely put on pound after pound.

I actually have very good exercise habits (thank goodness for that or I'd probably have alot more weight to lose) but my eating is out of control. We keep way too much crap food in the house and my husband and 13 year old son complain when we don't (they don't have the weight problem I do).

I'm tired of feeling crappy about myself and tomorrow I'm going to try for the gazillionth time to make changes to my lifestyle so that I can finally take the weight off and have it stay off.

Wish me luck!

Thanks!

Replies

• bskts4ver
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kristina and I'm 51 years young, but need to lose 40 pounds. 50 would be better, but my doctor says 40 is adequate to get me back in healthy ranges. I'm 5'11" and can carry more weight than someone shorter, but I'm still overweight.

I quit smoking cold turkey 6 years ago and have slowly but surely put on pound after pound.

I actually have very good exercise habits (thank goodness for that or I'd probably have alot more weight to lose) but my eating is out of control. We keep way too much crap food in the house and my husband and 13 year old son complain when we don't (they don't have the weight problem I do).

I'm tired of feeling crappy about myself and tomorrow I'm going to try for the gazillionth time to make changes to my lifestyle so that I can finally take the weight off and have it stay off.

Wish me luck!

Thanks!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • bskts4ver
    Options
    Thanks Laura! It seems like this site has everything that I'll need and I love that it is FREE!:smile:
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi kristina! Welcome, just out of curiosity how much do u weigh now? I'm also 5'11 and i was just wondering what the doctor told you a healthy weight should be!! thanks, and good luck...i love MFP!!:)
  • bskts4ver
    Options
    Right now I'm at 215 and at my age, my doctor said it I could get to 175, he'd be happy. I'll be happy at 165. 165 will get me into a size 10. I doubt that I'll ever get back to where I was at age 25 (135 pounds) and I'm not sure that at this point in my life, I'm willing to restrict my food to do it.

I just want to get healthier and go from a size 16 to a 10 or 12.