Zumba???

Options
I'm going to my first Zumba class tonight and I don't see it as an option to select for exercise? Am I not searching it right or is it really not in the database? Is anyone in Zumba and can they let me know a rough estimate of calories burned? I know we're all different shapes and sizes but I was just curious. Any help would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU :)

Replies

• besav11
    besav11 Posts: 5
    Options
    Bump I was just coming to ask the same thing :)
  • lmbigsby
    lmbigsby Posts: 36
    Options
    I am a Zumba addict, go to classes 2 days a week used to be 5 but now do it at home on the Wii and go to the gym. My suggestion is to get a HRM and make sure you check your heart rate through out the class so it gets accurate calculations for calories burned. Then you can add it as an exercise and records your calories burned. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Take water and a towel, you will sweat like a pig.
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well you guys just made my day! Thanks so much for the info :) Also could I purchase a heart rate monitor from Target and would it be just as good as getting it from a store that is more geared for fitness apparel?