Favorite foods that help you stick to your calorie goal...

Options
Hey! Just thought it would be nice to have a few new ideas for foods that help you feel satisfied while staying in your calorie range...

Here are a few of my favorites-

Otria greek yogurt veggie dip in Cucumber Dill Feta...this stuff is awesome! Flavor and texture are wonderful, really helps me get in my daily raw veggie servings, and only 60 calories per serving!

http://www.marzetti.com/products/marzetti/dips/otria-greek-yogurt-veggie-dips/otria-cucumber-dill-feta-greek-yogurt-veggie-dip-875-oz.htm

Special K Cracker chips...especially the cheddar flavor. 27 to 30 chips per serving, a great snack for 110 calories or less!

http://www.specialk.com/cracker-chips/cheddar/

Larabars...love them! So few ingredients, and very filing! My favorites are lemon, ginger snap, peanut butter cookie :)

Luna bar minis... Love the Nuts over Chocolate mini bars when I have a sweets craving, and only 80 calories!

The laughing cow cheese wedges, both the light swiss and the graden vegetable cream cheese. Great as a sandwich spread, on crackers, a bagel, with pasta, etc.

http://www.thelaughingcow.com/products/light-swiss-original/

http://www.thelaughingcow.com/products/new-garden-vegetable-13-less-fat-than-cream-cheese/

I also love a microwaved sweet potato with some ICBINB spray as a filling, nutritious snack...

Anybody else have some favorite go-to foods?

Replies

• samanthajshep
    samanthajshep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump...anybody have any more calorie friendly food suggestions?
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but I tend to rely on Lean Pockets. They're SO easy and a quick lunch. I know exactly how many calories I'm eating, and heck..they taste pretty good! LOL The other ones are instant oatmeal and yogurt (the 80 calorie Dannon Light and Fit).
  • Hab1978
    Hab1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump....def needing new ideas!
  • samanthajshep
    Options
    I tried the Kashi heart to heart apple cinnamon instant oatmeal today...found it to be more filling than my usual Quaker instant oatmeal, FYI :)
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    One cup of berries, one cup of milk and a tsp of sugar. Yum!!!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Almond butter spread on any type of cracker... love it.
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    love apples! and pretty much any other fruit.

laughing cow cheese 35 cals with reduced fat wheat thins

100 cal packs of ready made chicken salad (by Starkist)

fresh steamer veggies (frozen in a bag) like whole green beans, California blend, or sugar snap peas

baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and nutmeg; spritz with Parkay 0 cal butter

lots of baked and grilled chicken of course. shrimp (my fav!) , tilapia or salmon

sauteed asparagus with garlic, or steamed broccoli with 0 cal Parkay...I really do love this stuff

greek yogurt

scrambled eggs (1/2 cup egg whites + 1 egg)

turkey with light mayo, mustard, and lettuce on whole grain bread

addicted to pickles spears! 0 cals 0 carbs 0 fat...but also 0 nurtition and watch your sodium
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like the Activia Snackpots (I'm from UK, not sure if they are available anywhere else) as they seem to keep me fuller for longer

I know its a bit boring but I also looooove celery, I believe it has hardly any calories in it as well which is a bonus!

If I a feeling a bit naughty I get a 2 finger kit-kat - less than 100 calories, yay!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies!

I make mine with Chobani, frozen strawberries, and a big hanfdul of spinach. Yummmm.
  • samanthajshep
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great ideas! Bumping to see if we can get some more :)
  • NicNab
    NicNab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing all these ideas! They will help me mix up my menus from day to day!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello, baby carrots, greek yogurt, "ants on a log"
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Wasa Crisp 'n Light 7 Grain Crackers. They're 20 calories each and they have a large surface area, which makes them a great vehicle for smashed avocado, hummus, greek yogurt, tuna, egg salad, bean dip, nut butters, etc.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn
    All natural yogurt with 1 tsp of honey and frozen fruit
    Homemade egg mcmuffins - easy, low cal, filling breakfast
    Egg roll and wonton wrappers - great way to make lower calorie appetizers and snack foods
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese my favorite!! 120 calories for a half cup, not to bad! I love it with mustard or light tuna! :)
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    when I'm craving something salty I go for air-popped popcorn with some salt on it. I use archer farms midnight blend, so it comes out to about 35 calories for 2 cups popped.

my favorite sweet snack is pomegranate greek yogurt and granola (I love bear naked peak protein), for about 280 calories.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Belvita Breakfast Biscuts...they come in apple cinnamon, blueberry or golden oat. 230 cals for 4 and its like eating cookies! I add a cup of fat free milk and that will keep me full till lunch. I also keep Slim Fast snack bars on hand cus they are like eating candy bars and are 100-110 cals. Baby carrots and frozen broccoli are my favorite veggies and they are low cal and fill you up!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Sushi

Beef Pho

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tessa022707
    tessa022707 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's reduced guilt woven wheats and laughing cow light blue cheese
    Trader Joe's blueberry fiber cakes and a glass of water .....pretty much expands in your tummy
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated in lemon juice and herbs.....quick stir fry in pan....always in the fridge
    Cuties
    Olive oil popcorn ( yes Trader Joe's) 2 cups 130 calories and yummy
    Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of homemade peach jam
    All kinds of roasted veggies tossed over greens with Ken's northern Italian light dressing...
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Apples
    Jerkey
    Dill pickle spears
    Red pepper strips with salad dressing to dip in
    Snack sized bags of popcorn

Can't wait to see what else is suggested