My success was short lived.....

Options

Replies

• JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend! we are our worst enemies! 57lbs is a huge goal! you should definitely celebrate it! :bigsmile:

^^^^^This!!!

You can always think of it as "During" pic instead of an "After" pic but the truth is its nowhere NEAR ground zero!!!! It's a HUGE accomplishment.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Your success wasn't short lived! You still lost 57 ounds! Be proud of that. You are doing great! Do a happy dance and share your pics when you feel like it

Kristine
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A photo is not just a photo. I can't find the link right now but I saw this website where the guy did a before and after pic on the same day and just used posing and lighting to create an "after" look, and it looked like he had lost weight. I say all this to suggest that maybe your "after" shot wasn't very flattering but that doesn't mean that you don't look like you lost 57 freaking pounds and look as amazing as the other photos you've seen on here!

Also, personally I find "improved looks" to just be the bonus benefit to losing weight. If I focus on looks sometimes it is demotivating if I don't feel like thinking about it on that day, it just doesn't get me into the gym. When I focus on all the health benefits - improved mood, energy, some health issues that went away - well that ALWAYS makes it worth it!!

57 pounds is amazing, you have really accomplished something great!
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Shame and humiliation are no longer part of your vocabulary!! You are on a journey toward health and fitness, and you have made AMAZING progress. Your body is a temple and it is NOTHING to be ashamed of. Be blessed and encouraged in knowing that you are loved by others and now you are working on showing love to yourself by being healthy and fit!!
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Honey, you better believe when I hit 57 pounds there will be pics posted!!! Yoiu have to learn to love you regardless of your weight and be proud of yourself. Getting skinny wont make ya happy, and you can end up in dangerous territory if you can't recognize your progress! Post those pics I bet we will see a HUGE difference!!!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    So trying again......
    BEFORE in August/11

020.jpg
    011.jpg

AFTER

052.jpg
    034.jpg
    033.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed, first that they appear, second that they aren't huge!
  • Naffry
    Naffry Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You need to add [/img] to the end of the pictures :)
  • annib37
    annib37 Posts: 7
    Options
    For serious! You really can tell a difference. And I am not just being nice. You really really can. You should be very proud of your hard work :D
  • MerryMutt
    MerryMutt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I lost 32 pounds 10+ years ago and gained them all back. Now I'm down about 10 of those pounds and would like to shed the other 20+. I'm having trouble staying motivated even though my daughter is getting married in May. I think I have to commit to tracking every day.
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can TOTALLY see a difference, although the actual pics didnt post, I went to them individually :)))
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    So the pictures are huge but they are here. Thanks again for the positive comments. I will try to post smaller ones next time!
  • Stobbs88
    Stobbs88 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new to this site, you should be proud to have lost 57lb that is a lot of weight, I'd love to be in your shoes.
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    From one Hanna to another, a word of advice:

Go to a pet food store and march straight to the dog food aisle. Pull out 60 pounds of bagged dog food. It doesn't matter if it's in 10 pound or 20 pound bags, or a combination.

Line them up on the floor and take a good look. Would you like to pick them all up and carry them around a bit? All day? For months? No?

It's a LOT of weight, but you can now clearly visualize that you have made a huge accomplishment so far. Yes, you've made a HUGE difference. Don't give up!
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    agreed! 57 lb weight loss is a MAJOR accomplishment. It's okay to have more goals on weight loss/ toning/inches lost but give yourself some credit for how far you're come.
  • d2rala
    d2rala Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm one of those people who can add 15 lbs or take off 15 lbs and not change my clothing size. It used to frustrate the bejesus out of me that someone else could lose 2 lbs and drop a size.
    The trick is to remember that all of us are unique, and to learn to stop comparing ourselves to others.
    (Unless it is to say - jesz, I'm sure glad I don't have those tiny toothpick arms that Angelina Jolie just showed off!)
    Keep up the good work, keep tracking your sucess!
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    57 pounds is an amazing and HUGE accomplishment. Don't sell yourself short!!! You are doing amazing!
  • davidqtn
    davidqtn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't wait til I've lost 57 pounds. Even if you don't see it right now, think of how much healthier you are! Keep it up!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Your cheeks! Your chin! They're so much slimmer than before. I think if you got the courage up to post the bathing suit pics there would be plenty of compliments. Maybe you can post them in a few months when you'll look even better. :-)
  • ntabbert
    ntabbert Posts: 2
    Options
    I say AMEN to losing 57 pounds! And I'm certain if you post before and after pictures WE will see the difference!!! I've just begun my journey and I have bad days too... but after losing over 10 pounds I see the difference in my face and I keep telling myself the rest of my body will catch up soon enough! Hang in there!!!
  • devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I can see a massive difference. You are being far too hard on yourself, try to take a look at those photos and pretend they are someone else. Stand tall and feel very, very proud of what you have achieved.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!