Heres my story

Options
I have always been overweight for as long as I can remember. When I was in 4th grade my parents bought a restaurant. It seems like I really didn't start packing on the pounds until they bought it. With all the soda and french fries how couldnt I gain weight.? By 6th grade I was the biggest in my class weighing in around 240lbs. I knew I needed to lose weight but didn't know how to and was very embarrassed about it. By the time I got to 8th grade I weighed about 275 at my heaviest. It was a very low point in my life. I just remember hating school and myself as well. Kids at that age are not very kind to overweight people. I finally decided It was time to change. I asked my mom to get me a membership to the local YMCA and started going everyday. I began losing some weight instantly and by the time I started High school I was about 250. By the time I graduated I weighed 200! I felt very good about myself. And I still do! Right now Im at 181 and still considered obese. I am here to lose the last of my weight. =) currently I am going to Culinary school at the Art Institute In Kansas City I still Love food but I have figured out how to manage myself a little better.

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great story! and with MFP and all of the MFP friends and support you will surely reach your goals! ^_^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!