Tired of being a hipocrite

Options
Hi!
I'm am just finishing up my dietetic internship and will be starting work as a dietitian in 3 months!
I love my job and know all the things I HAVE to do but I don't do them. While I may not look overweight, (I'm not a tiny person anyway) I'm not happy where I am. Also getting married in October so dropping a few 20 lbs is the goal!
This site is awesome and should be a good motivator.

Replies

• RD2be
    RD2be Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm am just finishing up my dietetic internship and will be starting work as a dietitian in 3 months!
    I love my job and know all the things I HAVE to do but I don't do them. While I may not look overweight, (I'm not a tiny person anyway) I'm not happy where I am. Also getting married in October so dropping a few 20 lbs is the goal!
    This site is awesome and should be a good motivator.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Best of luck - you can do it if you have the mindset to do it!

Feel free to share your knowledge-we're like sponges around here!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    It's funny stuff isn't it? My wife is a Mental Health Counselor, and she's as loopy as the rest of us. I'm an engineer and my house is a crumbling firetrap. My doctor weighs 300 pounds. Hehehe,,,

Knowing what to do and doing it are 2 different things.

Welcome aboard, use the tools & have fun. Read the stickies,,, as a professional you may have something to add to them - or maybe write a few new ones - :happy:

Good luck on your trip.
  • vjar
    vjar Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm a dietetics student also. It's important to know the challenges of the people you are helping. Who wants to take advice from someone who's never been fat in their life....you know the struggles people go through and how hard it is to make the right choices and how it affects the body. What a great inspiration you will be to clients...good luck.
  • Felicia320
    Felicia320 Posts: 2
    Options
    It is so much wasier knowing what to do then actually doing it. I just joined this sight anf it seems like a great place for motivation. Good Luck!:smile::happy: :smile: :
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Welcome to the board.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: