Quirky Eating Habits

Options
STurbs33
STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
Do any of you have any funny ways that you eat certain foods? I'm just curious because my family always pokes fun at the way I eat things, and I know I can't possibly be the only one with these quirky habits (or at least I hope not haha)

Some examples:
-I eat a hamburger all the way around until there is only the middle left
-I eat all the crust off my bread first
-I always save the tomatoes in my salad until the very end
-I shave off pieces of carrot with my front teeth instead of just biting it (this one drives my boyfriend nuts)

I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind. So if you have any funny habits like this, share them. I'm curious!

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I turn my plate. Whatever part of the dish that I am eating (ex. steak, potatoes, salad), I turn the steak in front of me, then the potatoes, then the salad... I know Im not the only one who does that though... I have an uncle who cannot stand it when his food touches other sides on the plate (like,there is a clear line between the steak, potatoes, and salad, and the dressing does not creep into anything else). eh.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I take a small bite of food and chew it with my right side first, then I take a larger bite and chew it with my left side of my mouth, and the pattern continues. No matter what the food is.

Whenever I eat poutine, I eat all the fries and gravy first (even scrape the cheese right off the fries) and eat all the cheese curds last. Actually, I always pick out the cheese from anything and eat it last.