Fat and Protein????

Options
Hi there. I am a bit worried since everyday i seem to be going over on Fat and protein. My calories are a bit under and so are my carbs(on a typical day). I am worried this is not healthy but when i go back and look to see where all the fat and protein come from it is usually the majority is from meat/fish, nuts/almonds and olive oil. I exercise almost everyday for at least 30 to 45 minutes....sometimes more. Since I started on myfitnesspal.com I have dropped 2 lbs since last Wednesday. I am just wondering is it ok to go over a bit on the protein and fat on a regular basis???

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Yes it is okay.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yes with a cavet on the fat part - you want to make sure the fat is good for you fat - you say you are getting the bulk of fat from meat/fish. nuts and good oil - perfectly OK and encouraged...

I am eating a paleo lifestyle so my protiens and fats are a lot higher and my carbs a lot lower than what MFP calculated for me so I had to go in and change the % to better reflect my actual numbers....

It sounds like you are already eating with a slant towards Paleo/primal...you may want to read more about it...I am not going to shove anything down anyones throat so if you simply google Paleo / Primal you can read all about it - good, bad and indifferent and come to your own conclusions :)
  • KristieLynn007
    Options
    Hi there. Actually funny you mention the Paleo diet. I ordered a few books from Amazon.com. One is about the diet and the other is a cook book. Going to learn about it and try it....although I dont think I will be able to follow it 100%.

Thanks for your replies.