Everybody poops....or do they?

Options
So random, akward question, since i've been eating less and using MFP my, um, bathroom schedule is messed up...meaning nonexistant. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them and if so did your "schedule" go back to normal? Gross subject but I would appreciate some insight.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    how's your fiber intake?
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you're eating less, it makes sense there would be less waste. Once your body adapts to your new way of eating, it will regulate though it still may not be as often as before.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Fiber Fiber Fiber, and "healthy" fats usually solve this problem. :)
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    less than once a wek is classed as sigificant constipation and can lead to some really gross side effects

How's your fluid intake?

Fresh fruit/veg or some kind of supplement to asist in moving things through would seem in order IMO
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    Nope. I feel like I'm constantly in the bathroom lately. !
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you changed your diet abruptly it would not be uncommon to have digestive issues while your body adjusts. Make sure you are getting enough fluids and eating enough fiber and it will likely regulate itself soon. You might also try probiotics.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You may want to check what kinds of foods are you eating. I go at least 3-6 times a day. Sometimes ill go right after eating. My body seems to process foods pretty quick LMAO
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    if i dont go everyday at least once .... I feel irregular
  • privatetime
    privatetime Posts: 118
    Options
    So random, akward question, since i've been eating less and using MFP my, um, bathroom schedule is messed up...meaning nonexistant. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them and if so did your "schedule" go back to normal? Gross subject but I would appreciate some insight.

Hehehehe... What's even more worrisome are all those people who apparently only defecate once every few days! Yikes!!

My bowel movements didn't change when I started losing weight, I think manly because I was already eating a pretty healthy diet. I just reduced the overall quantities, and reduced simple carb's.

I "poop" 2 or 3 times a day, most days. I am mostly vegan, so I eat pretty much an entirely plant-based diet.

One of the funny things I've noticed since I joined MFP a few days ago is, without even thinking about it, I'm always over my daily fibre goal, and MASSIVELY over my vitamin C RDA.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said, plus lots of water. Black coffee helps, too. But sometimes it just takes time while your body adjusts!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    on that note I just had lunch ... time to poop
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Too much protein/very few carbs can also cause less frequent BM's. I recall that from doing Atkins years ago.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Fiber, Black Coffee, and water fixed that for me. I take the vitagummies fiber supplements if I feel a bit bloated to help it get moving along.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I have a sensitive digestive tract. I eat a lot of fiber and it tends to make me constipated. Coffee works WONDERS for me in this area. If it gets really bad and coffee isn't doing the trick, I'll have a higher fat meal by including avocado or some extra dairy. The extra fat seems to get my intestines moving again =) I don't use medicinal remedies because they are too strong and tend to "over-treat" my symptoms causing even worse problems.
  • ieva012
    ieva012 Posts: 18
    Options
    i have the same problem, now as everyone mentioned fiber, i looked at my intake. i only consume like 1-5 grams a day :/ some days 0 :( what food has fiber in it???
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem, now as everyone mentioned fiber, i looked at my intake. i only consume like 1-5 grams a day :/ some days 0 :( what food has fiber in it???

Wow! that is very low. I am at around 50 a day on fiber.

You can look in my diary to see what I eat. Lots of veggies, grain, and legumes :)
  • ieva012
    ieva012 Posts: 18
    Options

Wow! that is very low. I am at around 50 a day on fiber.

You can look in my diary to see what I eat. Lots of veggies, grain, and legumes :)

thank you :) it seems that all food i eat is 0 in fiber :/ like all the time :/
    by the way, if you look at my food diary, today wasn't the best day for me do don't judge me :D
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Peristalsis (the contracting movements of the bowel) is aided by drinking lots of water, regular exercise, and eating a high fiber diet. Before starting MFP I had severe constipation problems (as a nurse, I knew what I should do but wasn't doing it.) Now that I am watching what I eat, including all of the above mentioned items this is no longer a problem for me. I am now able to have a bowel movement every day if not more. See if adding more water and fiber especially in the form of fruits & vegetables help. As well as walking which is great for increasing peristalsis (just one more reason we nurses make patients get up & walk after surgery!)