Who is your running companion?

Options

Replies

• cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I run with my iPod touch ;) Don't have a dog (allergic) and nobody in my family wants to start running.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Just me and my ipod! BUT my dog will be my running companion when she gets a bit older and more well trained. She's only 5 months old right now, and dogs are not supposed to go on long runs until they are about 10 months to 1 year due to their bones and ligaments not being strong enough to handle the stress (I volunteer for an animal rescue organization, particularly with the dogs....I'm kinda obsessed with dogs, and know a lot of random crap). I can't wait til I can take her on runs with me!!

Edited to add my future running partner, Holly :)

holly2233.jpg?t=1331064702
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I walk with my Lab/ Retriever Casey. She pushes me to go faster and longer. We will be starting C2k5. Weather here isn't so nice.

100_1285.jpg
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    By myself on the beach unless a walkers' dog chooses to keep me company for a lap or 2. Lol
  • Ctripp86
    Ctripp86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I wanted to add a picture of my running companion, but I can't figure out how to add a picture :-( aaaanyways...he's a 3 year old golden retriever named Henrik. He loves to run and never seems to get tired, ever!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add a picture of my running companion, but I can't figure out how to add a picture :-( aaaanyways...he's a 3 year old golden retriever named Henrik. He loves to run and never seems to get tired, ever!

You need to upload your pictures to photobucket. Then select the 4th option below the picture and paste here. Then you need to change the IMG at the beginning and end of the URL to lower case img. Then your picture will show up. I'd love to see him! Sounds like he is a field line like my Danny is.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    araush.jpg

This is my running companion for anything under 3-4 miles (look at those stubby little legs...aw). My normal running companion is my stellar boyfriend. That's us in my avatar pic in the starting corral of our first marathon together.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's just me and my iPod.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    araush.jpg

This is my running companion for anything under 3-4 miles (look at those stubby little legs...aw). My normal running companion is my stellar boyfriend. That's us in my avatar pic in the starting corral of our first marathon together.

Handsome pup!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I run with my toddler... she's two and a half and she LOVES riding in the jogging stroller with me. She knows the names of all the dogs along our route. And we finish at the playground so she gets to have some fun as a reward for getting strapped in. About once a week I get to run by myself, which is really nice on the hills. :-)

Occasionally my hubby is my running companion, but I still usually get stuck pushing the stroller bc I'm in better running shape than he is in.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I go by myself with my iPhone and listen to Pandora Radio (since I don't know how to make a playlist).

DH has gone with me a couple of times but he'd usually rather sleep since I leave here around 5:30 in the morning when my sons are still sleeping.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of runner in my neighborhood, to say none, but that's fine with me. I take my iPod and just try to concentrate on my pace, or try to really not think about anything... which is harder than we think!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have a jogging class that I attend twice a week and I still run alone :/ ... And on the other days that I run... I still run alone... When I visit back home I run on the beach... Still alone :/

I do wish I had a running partner sometimes. I know it would be nice to have one
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Right now its my Ipod but I have my eye on this certain someone from Pittsburgh that loves running as much as I do!
  • TraceyR68
    TraceyR68 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to run with a group of 6 lovely, supportive friends at work!! It's like group therapy :laugh:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Right now its my Ipod but I have my eye on this certain someone from Pittsburgh that loves running as much as I do!
    Right now I run alone, but can't wait to start running with this guy... :heart:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Dizzie, the Trail dog. Easily hands on 6-7 mile, hilly trail runs.

71c3c471.jpg
  • loftard1
    loftard1 Posts: 14
    Options
    When I do run its with my best but that runs faster than I so I can push myself
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I run with my kindle. On the treadmill of course. I'm forced to run at naptime and reading has really made the time fly by for me.
  • lightstruck1
    lightstruck1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My companion is Nike+. Cheers me on :)