I have no clue!

Options
I have no idea what to eat, where to start, what to buy. UGH! I need HELP people! I need food suggestions Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Stuff that's easy!! I have GOT to get on this bandwagon and STAY!

Replies

• fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sparkpeople.com will actually give you meal plans daily. The main part is, eat the right amt of proteins, fruits and lots of veggies.
  • aSunflower
    aSunflower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    ok- just my thoughts but if you are overwhelmed STOP! Take a deep breath and pick start with one meal. Breakfast!

Try good cereals- Lots of fiber and protein and low sugar. I like all bran flakes. I add blueberries and skim milk. 6 ounces of V8, some tea and I am set all morning.

Try eggs (real or substitute) Scramble with onions, mushrooms and spinach. Very filling!

Once you have breakfast under control- move to lunch and then dinner.

Filling, healthy soups
    Salads- add protein (lean chicken or ham)
    Cabot 50% lean cheese

Good luck
  • woodbct
    woodbct Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been grabbing the Western Egg White Flatbread at Dunkin (only 300 calories!) and it keeps me going unitl noon. If I have time to cook at home I'll have Southwetern Egg Beaters with a piecoe of Canadian bacon and a little low fat cheese.

I CRAVE carbs and that has been the toughest thing to cut back on. I've been having a cup of Trader Joes Quinoa Duo with Vegetable Melange - in the frozen food section. It's got an asian herb that tastes like ginger in it with chopped zucchini. Only 200 calories a cup. I bring that with steamed broccoli, some cherry tomatoes and grilled salmon or chicken for lunch. Filling and the whole thing was only 552 calories.

For dinner I try to just have a big salad with lean protein or a couple of hard boiled eggs.