Alternate workout routine or do same thing every day?

Options
Mel2626
Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
Okay fellow weight loss friends~I have a fitness question for you!
So I started doing the Biggest Loser Cardio workout yesterday and I'm a bit sore. It has been quite some time that I've had a proper workout and I want to be sure I'm getting the most out of my effort. I was thinking of switching it up today and doing something yoga based to get my muscles stretched and possibly a little bit of weights (if you can call them that since they're just tiny 3 lb dumbbells for now! lol). If I alternate workouts, will I still get the same results as if I did the same routine all week (or multiple days in a row) or do I have to do the same workout a few days in a row to be effective?
Sorry if that's a silly question but I just don't want it to be in vain. I'm really determined to add fitness to my life and I think alternating will prevent the boredom as well but I need suggestions from the masters of MFP!

Thanks in advance!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• billgiersberg
    Options
    If you do strength training and press to the point of muscle failure using a number of reps and sets, then you will want to give those muscles a period of time to recover. Hit them again 3 days after the previous exercise. I might do chest and arms today, legs and abds tomorrow, cardio the next day and then back to chest and arms, repeat. That being said, I have been trying to build up my biceps and triceps and abds and I've been hitting them every day being careful though not to push so much I injure myself. My thinking is that if fitness trainers hit the same groups several time every day, it may work to my advantage but I think this line of thinking is frowned upon. I follow a program set up by a paid subscription service I use and they do not recommend hitting the same muscle groups every day.