I gained a pound this week...

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
of MUSCLE

I know it's muscle because I can see major definition in my arms, calves and thighs. I've been hitting the strength training crazy hard for the past month and I'm seeing major changes in my body.

Just thought I'd share that I am SO ok with gaining this pound! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    Options
    of MUSCLE

I know it's muscle because I can see major definition in my arms, calves and thighs. I've been hitting the strength training crazy hard for the past month and I'm seeing major changes in my body.

Just thought I'd share that I am SO ok with gaining this pound! :flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your OK with it and that you realize it IS from muscle and your not spazzing out about a pound! Keep it up and keep toning (no matter how many pounds it adds) :laugh:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You are goiing to look so AMAZING for your wedding!!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great pound to gain. Those muscle pounds are hard to get - they take real hard work. What strength training do you think is doing it for you?
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great pound to gain. Those muscle pounds are hard to get - they take real hard work. What strength training do you think is doing it for you?

hmmmmmmmm not sure, I am doing a lot of different things! I do strength training 7 days a week (with a very rare rest day) on a 2 day rotation. Day 1 I do: tricep dips, extensions and pressdowns, bicep curls and hammercurls, lat pull downs Day 2 I do: leg extensions, squats, lunges, calf raises, crunches, planks and leg lifts. I'm also doing pilates 3 times a week and I do cardio about 6 days a week. longer reps, lower weight for toning. It's a lot of work but I'm loving the results. The lb is probably mostly in my legs. my quads are lookin fab and I now officially have that line of separation in my calves. Of course I still have fat in those areas that I want to get rid of. It's going... slowly... lol.

a pound may appear to place me further from my goal, but this morning I did up my belt on the tightest setting for the first time, lol, so I can't be doing too badly :bigsmile: