Struggle to eat above 1000kcal, help?

Im ok with it, but ive been told a lot that my lack of calories is bad for me...

However I always feel full of energy and Im not lethargic, I do eat the nutrients I need and still eat a lot, just of veggies, chicken and stuff with less calories.

If i HAVE TO up my calories, whats the best way to do this? Has to be a gentle raise as im used to 800-1000 a day!

First time Ive actually got results too, so maybe this is the right thing for me as an individual anyway as everyone is different?

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Nuts, avocado, full fat butter/cheese/milk.
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member

This. Your fat intake is awfully low.
  • bluemorpho1247
    oki doki, I was concentrating on getting the protein and fibre more i think, so will try to eat more of those! What type of nuts?
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Have a couple of eggs for breakfast.
  • bluemorpho1247
    Love eggs! Will add my veggies to that :) best of both
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member

This. Your fat intake is awfully low.

and nut butters... easy to use and have higher cals plus good fats.
  • bluemorpho1247
    so a healthier peanut butter? Just not sure what with as bread should be avoided?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    oki doki, I was concentrating on getting the protein and fibre more i think, so will try to eat more of those! What type of nuts?

Whatever kind you enjoy eating. I'd recommend the Diamond Habanero BBQ flavored almonds
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    so a healthier peanut butter? Just not sure what with as bread should be avoided?
    Why should bread be avoided?? :huh:
  • bluemorpho1247
    great! BBQ is gorgeous, thanks guys :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

Most nuts are good for you. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, brazil nuts ... or go for mixed nuts, or nut butters. Also just adding a little olive oil to your cooking will up your calorie count in a healthy way.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

carrot or celery sticks are very good with pb. As are apple slices. Or add it to oats.
  • bluemorpho1247
    Its full of sugars, carbs and stuff, ive heard it on a lot of fitness programmes, peers, weight loss clubs etc.
    However, i dont have much carbs in my diet so may be ok! Just chose the healthier options i guess
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Its full of sugars, carbs and stuff, ive heard it on a lot of fitness programmes, peers, weight loss clubs etc.
    However, i dont have much carbs in my diet so may be ok! Just chose the healthier options i guess
    If it fits in your goals...not a thing wrong with it...unless you have a gluten tolerance issue.
  • bluemorpho1247

Most nuts are good for you. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, brazil nuts ... or go for mixed nuts, or nut butters. Also just adding a little olive oil to your cooking will up your calorie count in a healthy way.

Yeah when i started losing weight i switched from veg oil to olive oil :) Adds 100 kcal and olives are full of good stuff! Great suggestion :) Thanks again, will need to find nuts i like, not a fan!
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member

If you want to avoid bread, just try the peanut butter with a sliced apple. It tastes really good.

About the nuts: go for whatever you like more, I really enjoy almonds and cashews for ex. Cheese has so many possibilities with very low carb content, but if you don't like it, just go for something different.

Greek yogurt is, again, a good suggestion - go for the higher fat content.

Add some olive oil to your salads - it brings very healthy fats to your diet and helps you up the calories.

I really think that upping those calories is a good idea. Strive to never go under 1200 cals/day.
  • bluemorpho1247
    If it fits in your goals...not a thing wrong with it...unless you have a gluten tolerance issue.

Not that im aware of :) Tho, wheat in general sometimes gives me muscle pains, but not so much that i cant cope
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Add olive oil to soups or pastas
  • bluemorpho1247

If you want to avoid bread, just try the peanut butter with a sliced apple. It tastes really good.

About the nuts: go for whatever you like more, I really enjoy almonds and cashews for ex. Cheese has so many possibilities with very low carb content, but if you don't like it, just go for something different.

Greek yogurt is, again, a good suggestion - go for the higher fat content.

Add some olive oil to your salads - it brings very healthy fats to your diet and helps you up the calories.

I really think that upping those calories is a good idea. Strive to never go under 1200 cals/day.

Thanks. When i did i gained 3lbs, and my fat % of body went up 10% !