Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis program

Options
Has any tried it? Did you like it? Thoughts?

Replies

• dmoberg11
    dmoberg11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I bought it and was a little disappointed. The diet is very strict and alternates a "juicing" week with a cleansing week. I wasn't prepared to start juicing - so I skipped it. Then my daughters and I tried the 1st workout and it was very borning. Haven't touched it since. I keep thinking I should give it a 2nd try - but haven't been able to get back to it yet.
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am not that interested in the diet, but the exercise.

I have disk and joint problems, so not sure if it would terrible or not. Reviews are mixed so not sure if I should try it.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I got it and returned it a month later. For one thing there is no direction within the workout. You do the cardio dance workout everyday and then you incorporate the specified toning workouts every 10 days the workout changes. While the toning workouts were good, there is no transition instruction. So you have to either crane your neck at an awkward angle (because you are on the floor) or you have to watch it all ahead of time to count the reps so that you know when to transition to the next exercise. She does not give a transition. It's annoying. The dance cardio is the same way, she's just dancing on the screen, and you are watching and trying to copy her moves, by the time you figure out the move she's moving on to the next. Like she says you don't have to do what she is doing, just keep moving but, then what is the point? If I have to have a notebook down on the floor to tell me to transition to the next exercise, why did I pay 100 bucks? So I returned it, it wasn't worth the money in my opinion.
  • kkerri
    Options
    Good article on the diet.
  • kkerri
    Options
    Thanks, StarvingDiva. It might just be the whole "if it sounds too good to be true. . . . " I got sucked in by the infomercial. I am just going to stick to my recumbent bike and weights.

I can't do most home videos because of the impact, so thought this might be better. Sounds like it is not.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It's a load of BS! She caters to women's fears that they'll 'bulk' up and turn into men. She emphasizes incredibly light weights with an unbelievably useless number of high reps to 'tone' and lengthen your muscles. Muscles don't get toned and they certain don't magically become elongated to achieve the dancer's body look she's always going on about.

Try a regular strength training program like the New Rules of Lifting for Women. I've been doing it for a little over 4 months now and love it. Ask around, there's a group of us out there who are all doing it.

Okay, I'm reading your second post about disk and joint issues now and if that's the case perhaps you should get a physical therapist or physiotherapist to make you a program, one that wouldn't impact your joints and disks as much.
  • kkerri
    Options
    Does the "New Rules of Lifting" work on nautilus machines? I am fine on those, but just have to avoid high impact cardio (plyometrics, running, etc.) and too much deep knee lunges and squats with free weights. I can do that stuff on machines, but not with free weights and standing.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    The best overall workout I've gone back to time and time again is Slim in 6 by Beachbody. It consists of squats, lunges, etc, resistance bands for arms and then also floor exercises. I lose quickly with it and it shows results on my body quickly. I love it!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Does the "New Rules of Lifting" work on nautilus machines? I am fine on those, but just have to avoid high impact cardio (plyometrics, running, etc.) and too much deep knee lunges and squats with free weights. I can do that stuff on machines, but not with free weights and standing.

No, it doesn't use any machines so NROLFW may not be a good program for you. If you look on Bodybuilding.com (don't be frightened by the name) and look for Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12-week program you may find that it works for you since it revolves around machines and you can sub out the ones that don't. I would still look into physical therapy since this is not something you want to mess around with.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it myself, but just came from this other post about a lady who's seeing success with another Tracey Anderson dvd. People who've had success with TAM have commented on there as well

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/248991-praise-tracy-anderson-i-m-beginning-to-see-a-shapely-rear
  • kkerri
    Options
    I have done physical therapy to the extent that I can. I have a slipped vertabrae and degenerative disk disease, so there is not much that can be done. I just have to be careful to avoid impact. I also have arthritis in my knees, which is just annoying.

I am generally limited to a recumbent bike, a bit of elliptical and machines seem to be fine because they offer support and stability.

I will check out that website. I was okay doing Body for Life workouts, so may just go back to that.
  • taylor1098
    taylor1098 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually am a huge tracy fan. At the moment I am not working out at all(I have become very lazy but plan to start back up soon hah) But I own Tracys Metamorphosis for abs, and her post pregnancy workout(Never been pregnant but the workout is so great), and her perfect design series, and I can honestly say they are all great. In the first week of doing metamorphosis I lost 2 inches off my waist and that was with me only doing it about three days. The dancing is a bit hard to follow but even she says that you don't have to be exact. I recommend it 100% It will make you lean and tight but not muscular.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear opinions on this as well...I've seen some of her dvd's the the movies look way too involved.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I don't care for her. She perpetuates the myth of women "bulking up". You cannot "elongate" muscles or defy your genetics as she states. And from her informercials, her workouts look silly and useless.
  • kkerri
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and ordered it. We'll see :-)

Can't hurt to try it.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Please check back in and let us know how you like it. Every person is different.
  • HeidiYogi
    HeidiYogi Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and ordered it. We'll see :-)

Can't hurt to try it.

Hello Kkerri!

I am a HUGE fan of Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis and have seen amazing results. I, like Tracy, was a classically trained dancer and danced just about every day from the age 14 until 22 and although yes, I was younger, had a long, lean body despite my curves that I could never get rid of but they were toned and fit. The long, dancers body IS possible. I started Meramorphosis May 7, 2011 and followed her dynamic eating plan strictly for a couple of months. I always made sure I ate more than she recommended in her plan and hit at least 1200 calories a day and in those first 2 months lost 24 pounds. The results were amazing and my body looked amazing! Her workouts are supposed to be 6 days a week which is a lot but the results are possible and what she tells you is true if you stick to it. Thanks to her eating plan I actually found I was allergic to many foods as her eating plan is a sort of elimination diet. I loved it. It was a lot of work but I was determined.

The workouts are challenging. In her beginning DVD's she doesn't really tell you how many reps you're going to do and sometimes her counts are off from side to side which can be frustrating but it gets better as the program goes on. I am on the first level of Continuity, days 121-130 and now pretty much every move you do 20 times. In her earlier DVDs she does many more reps, about 40, per move to exhaust the muscles she is trying to change. I used to watch a new level the night before right rite down the #'s and before you know it you'll have it memorized. Again, I was a trained dancer so picking up dancers cues and memorizing steps comes easier to me than it does for others. Her dance cardio, BE CAREFUL. Step touch it at first for at least the first month especially since you say running is not easy for you. Basically her dance cardio is like jumpin jacks or jumping rope for a full 30 minutes. Yes, there are dance moves but it is very easy to injure yourself if you aren't careful. I actually injured myself a couple of times which is why it took me longer to finish the last 30 days of the program and why I put back on some of the weight. Also, I'd say her eating plan is good and serves its purpose but it's not sustainable and once you go back to eating regularly you will put some weight back on but that's natural.

Her mat workouts are very challenging and I like how it changes every 10 days. These days im not following her 6 workouts a week. I am doing it at a slower pace which has proved NO INJURIES and a slower weight loss but a more sustainable program. Her 90-day results ARE possible but again, it's extreme measures so if you think you will want to do this for a while to come, take it easy and don't do too much too soon. I love her program. After my first 2 months my friends and boyfriend were amazed. And I NEVER starved myself. My arms, legs, abs, skin, everything looked absolutely amazing and SO changed.

I'm excited to hear what you think! Again, be very careful with her dance cardio especially this first one. It's very high impact but you can step touch it and still get good results IMO. Best of luck and keep us updated!! :)

Heidi.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I have tried and completed her 90 day metamorphosis program, minus the diet plan. I have seen huge changes in my body! I don't only do her cardio, I still do yoga, and zumba and run, but I try to stick to her muscular structure work at least three times a week (I've gotten more lax with it, instead of doing it five times a week). You really can't go wrong with any of her programs. I incorporate her mat workout dvd and even post pregnancy dvd as I love how it focuses mainly on the core:) Definitely noticed a huge change in my stomach, thighs and arms!
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am on day 111 total-i started the Continuity program a few weeks ago and still love it. i have done the cardio dance probably 4 times total, as it is very high impact, and quite frankly, my bosom can't take it. I have done a low impact version, however, and that is pretty ok.
    The thing that i LOVE and what keeps me going is the mat workout. I have never seen results like this before. I am what they call "obsessed". That said, There are some exercises here and there that would be tough on the knees, but it is maybe twice that I have thought this.
    I think the set up is pretty ingenious--every time i start a new 10 day segment i can't wait to get through it to see what the next 10 days have in store. It is not easy-i curse her in my head, but love her all the same.
    the diet was a definite no-go for me. I count calories on MFP and that is all i need at this point for slow and steady progress.

i truly think it comes down to personality. i don't want to be talked at a lot, and i would rather go at my own pace, so this is great for me. if you want real direction all the time, it may not be ideal. overall, though, i am astounded at the changes in my shape, and cannot wait to hit day 365.

good luck!