Advance logging....Help or hurt?

Options
2»

Replies

• kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I do this as well. In the evenings I log what I plan to eat the next day. It helps me to stay on track because it forces me to plan my meals and snacks. If I don't have things planned then I am likely to eat something unhealthy on the fly. Plus, it helps me to figure out how many calories is in a meal since I have to find that out BEFORE making it (I make a lot of new recipes due to Pinterest!). If I waiting I would most likely be over my goals every day.
  • Whitetail24
    Whitetail24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    In the morning I log for the day lots of times because i know what i'm having then add things in if i need to.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I use a smart phone and log as I eat. But if I didn't, there's no way I would succeed if I was trying to remember to log later.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't log all my food in advance (I eat WAY too much and too varied to do that) however I DO enter items I'm contemplating for my next meal to decide if it's worth eating that particular food/combination. I often change my plans when I see how many calories and how little protein it is.

this is what i do if the mood strikes me. esp. on days like today when i went a little crazy with the snacks, i'll log a potential dinner and see where i'm at. so for me, like most things, it depends on the day
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I find logging in advance is a huge help at keeping me on track. I do it every morning for the day so I know how many calories I'm spending on my main meals and can fill in snacks around them as I go. The only day I'm not logging in advance now is Sunday. It's my spike day and I allow myself to indulge. I still log it and for the first few weeks I was logging in advance so I didn't go totally crazy but it takes some of the fun from the day so now I'm not.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging totally helps me stay on track and makes me think about what I will be eating BEFORE I am too hungry to think (just kidding about that part!) I enjoy knowing what I am going to be eating ahead of time, though, it keeps me on track!
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Its like mad helpful for me because I'm on this site all day during the week and I typically will eat the same things Mon-Fri bc I cook my meals on Sunday. I will always go back and alter but for the most part it stays..
  • Joytriker
    Options
    I think it helps me to log my food before I actually eat it. If the calories seem too much I can change what I eat. If I don't remember to log after I eat I at least have a record of what I thought I was going to eat. Anything is better than nothing at all, right? Sometimes I plan my dinner and enter everything in the morning. Then after I've logged my breakfast I can see how many calories I have left for the day.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Definitely helps. One time I even logged a whole day in advance and changed things as I made alterations to the original plan.