I need help with wrist problems

Options
2»

Replies

• kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I severely broke my arm right above the wrist a few years ago, and I cannot do very many push-ups without feeling a lot of pain. Like a lot of people have mentioned, the fist works pretty well. Another thing I find that else is doing them on something with a handle...I have one of those chin up bars that you can put in your doorway, that when laid on the floor can be used for a few types of push ups. Being able to wrap my fingers around a handle takes a lot of pressure off my wrist. There's other products out there that you could use for this...even octagonal dumbells (so they won't roll), as long as there's room for you to get your fingers around the handle while placed on the floor.

Thanks for the tip! I have 8lb weights that I bought for Ripped in 30 that I'll give a try ^_^
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You can use your fist that way you don't have to bend your wrist.

And if that hurts your knuckles, try putting dumbbells down and wrapping your hand around those..it's definitely challenging and you're able to adjust your wrists without dropping out of plank position.

ETA: As mentioned above ;)