Body By Vi

Options
Has anyone had any success with the Body By Vi? My local gym is doing the 90 day challenge and I am very interested. I want an honest opinion and not from someone who sells them! (that's why I am asking on here and not the lady who sells it at the gym). Has anyone had any success? How many shakes did you drink a day? Were they good? Did you drink them alone or make them as a shake each day?

Replies

• ive9880
    ive9880 Posts: 1
    Options
    Talk to Lesley & Rich is also doing it; I believe they are having good results but I would stress to focus on life after it. :happy:
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am doing the challenge but only a few days into it, I'm anxious to see what people say.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    double post :) The shakes are good. They taste like cake mix.
  • JustineDianaD
    JustineDianaD Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Shakes are fairly good! I had a hard time drinking them when I was a stay-at-home mommy, because there were so many other tempting things!

They are very filling though, and do taste okay, the packets add a variety!

Im back to work now, and having one/two a day along with MFP to track! In 2 months I'm down 20 pounds! I think its a combo of everything.

Honestly a friend of mine did the 90 day challenge (all she did) and lost a TON of weight and looks amazing!

I stopped the montly ordering though because I'd never be able to drink 2 a day every day, I like variety. But I think they are a great meal replacement- better than anything else I've ever tried, Im just scared if I don't monitor my eating habits and start exercising I'd gain it all back after the 90 day challenge was up.

Sorry that was kind of all over the place but Hope it helps! :)
  • losingthisweight
    Options
    Shakes are fairly good! I had a hard time drinking them when I was a stay-at-home mommy, because there were so many other tempting things!

They are very filling though, and do taste okay, the packets add a variety!

Im back to work now, and having one/two a day along with MFP to track! In 2 months I'm down 20 pounds! I think its a combo of everything.

Honestly a friend of mine did the 90 day challenge (all she did) and lost a TON of weight and looks amazing!

I stopped the montly ordering though because I'd never be able to drink 2 a day every day, I like variety. But I think they are a great meal replacement- better than anything else I've ever tried, Im just scared if I don't monitor my eating habits and start exercising I'd gain it all back after the 90 day challenge was up.

Sorry that was kind of all over the place but Hope it helps! :)

Same here. I have a friend who lost 55 pounds in her first 90 days on the shakes. I'm a little ways in and I'm already seeing results. They DO work!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Talk to Lesley & Rich is also doing it; I believe they are having good results but I would stress to focus on life after it. :happy:

Thanks Ive! I spoke to Lesley about it and she gave me her honest opinion. She thinks they are very tasty however she feels that they are nothing "special" and you can get something better or the same for much cheaper at any GNC or like store. I think I will just stick to my super yummy homemade smoothies! I'm scared to put anything "extra" in my body... and like you said... I dont want to be on them for life and dont want to gain it back once I'm done. :laugh:
  • nshannon14
    nshannon14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been on this for 8 weeks. I actually started before I joined MFP so my starting weight was actually 272 8 weeks ago and I am currently 251. I think the two programs work really well together as long as you use the meal replacement to create the proper and healthy deficit.
  • joyfuljan77
    joyfuljan77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use them a few times a week as a meal replacement. I honestly have never tried just the shake mix by itself so I can't tell you how that tastes. But with things thrown in such as fruit, cocoa, and other things they are very good. Almost like having a milkshake. The shake will usually last me about 3 hours at the most. Originally I was on the auto delivery plan but discontinued that when I found out that I could purchase the packages from Amazon cheaper.

I would like to find something that has a good mix of protein, carbs and vitamins that I could purchase locally.
  • herangel3
    herangel3 Posts: 32
    Options
    I started the Visalus shakes and really like them and the fact that I can mix fruit in them and use Silk products as well as yogurt and skim milk and juice for variety. One if the best benefits I noticed was an increase in energy. I was taking a multivitamin and eating a balanced diet when I first started my weight loss plan and I just never could get any energy. after the first day I noticed a huge difference in my energy level. I do two a day for my breakfast and lunch with a snack in between and have my meal at night. Sometimes I may alternate if the office is planning lunch out and will have my 2nd shake for my dinner.
  • lannna17
    lannna17 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of the 90 Day Challenge and so far I feel alot better! I do breakfast and lunch and then eat a healthy supper, it's nice because I never used to eat breakfast but can definitely tell a difference! I thought that drinking a shake every day twice a day would get boring but you have soo many options for smoothies that it never gets old. My favorite so far is the bbv mix, a little bit of instant coffee, some sugar free hazelnut and cinnamon! Tastes like Starbucks :)
  • lannna17
    lannna17 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of the 90 Day Challenge and so far I feel alot better! I do breakfast and lunch and then eat a healthy supper, it's nice because I never used to eat breakfast but can definitely tell a difference! I thought that drinking a shake every day twice a day would get boring but you have soo many options for smoothies that it never gets old. My favorite so far is the bbv mix, a little bit of instant coffee, some sugar free hazelnut and cinnamon! Tastes like Starbucks :)
  • hippofabulous
    hippofabulous Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15 and I'm down 13 lbs. I think it's a great program. It's part of my weight loss triple threat. Vi, MFP and walking are proving VERY successful. If anyone needs a body by vi friend, feel free to add me!

ETA: I drink 2 a day with milk and I use all kinds of ingredients to bring them between 300 - 400 calories and therefore they are a nutritional meal replacement. My dave is peanut butter cup. It has the mix, milk, doesn't butter and cocoa. Yummy! Feel free to msg me if you have other questions.
  • dixieglfla
    Options
    I started on the 12th and actually weighed in on the 11th. I just weighed in Saturday 3/17 and much to my surprise I was down 6 lbs. Being skeptical AND a woman, I know that 4-6 lbs weekly can be water-weight, mentrual, etc.......so I'm hoping I continue losing next week.

I did not buy the "package" as I don't want to get all involved. I've seen it take over friend's lives and it's good for them, but I have a life I enjoy and going to party's etc is not on my high list of things I want to spend my time on. I have no desire to ever own a BMW but if people ask me, I do refer them to my friends, unless I can get free shakes! I did just buy the shake mix and am starting week two of it tomorrow doing shakes for breakfast & lunch and I still have half a bag left after doing 2 scoops for each shake. The women I work with shared the shake recipes I printed out and are doing their own thing, without the mix. My favorites right now are chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate peanut butter!! I rotate those with strawberry/banana also. I take a woman's multivitamin in the morning and try to snack in between breakfast and lunch with a protein bar or boiled egg. My dinners are reasonable, and I only have one helping now instead of seconds. MFP has helped me track that and my exercise. I walk during my two breaks at work and basically that's the only workouts I get besides yard work! It's definitely worth trying, even if you don't buy all the items..........$55 for a bag of shakes for two weeks..........saved me at least $20/week in lunch money!
  • jessica_johnson2011
    jessica_johnson2011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anglyn97
    anglyn97 Posts: 13
    Options
    Where do you get the Body by Vi Shakes? I just googled it and a bunch of sites popped up. Is it kind of like Avon where people buy the items and then sell it?
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I also use Body by Vi and am pleased with my results. I started on 2/24/12 and as of last Friday, my 3 week weigh in, I was down 16.2 pounds and 9 inches. I make my shakes different almost every day and drink 2 a day. I love most but, have made some that I did not care too much for.

Using MFP is awesome along with it. Anyone using ViSalus, feel free to friend me and we can compare notes and support each other through it. I am not here to promote or sell anything, just lose weight and get healthy. Also, I am retired and online almost 24/7.
  • angelasmith230
    angelasmith230 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have like 10 packs of the Vi shake in my pantry!

My husband ordered then never really started and the auto shipped packages kept coming every month... I'm tempted to start trying them myself now hmmmm....
  • healthieryou
    Options
    Promoter here www.mrsjobe1.myvi.net view all the challenge details here
  • normanch
    normanch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am new on here. I have been on the challenge for 40 days now.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    how is this different from slim fast?