How does 1200 calories per day looks like?

Options
It is hard to maintain 1200 cals a day unless you do your exercises.
What can we eat for 1200 cals without exercise and won't be starve????

Replies

• privatetime
    privatetime Posts: 118
    Options
    Oh, I don't know....

Breakfast is my biggest meal, and that's probably 500 cal's.

Then I still have at least 700 cal's for the rest of the day, and more because I exercise pretty hard.

Aside from a pretty traditional breakfast, the rest of the day I eat things like a couple of tablespoons of spicy hummus and a small, wholegrain pita, or a bowl of spinach w/balsamic glaze and some nuts with a grapefruit juice chaser, or a cup of edamame, or a cup of curry lentil soup, or some rice & peas, or a vegetable pasta or tofu stirfry. You get the idea.

I don't pay too much attention to my MFP calorie goal, yet I'm always around my daily limit. So, that figure must be about right for me. I'm new to MFP, but I was already averaging 2+lbs/week lost for months before I joined, and am only improving my fat/carb/protein ratios, and incremental weight lost.
  • GwendolynMartin
    GwendolynMartin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Egg Beaters with spinach and tomatoes and a low cal/fat chese. I try either a 2% shredded cheddar or mozzerella or laughing cow. 1/2 Thomas Lite English muffin.

Snack: Fage 0% greek yogurt with fresh fruit

Lunch: Grilled chicken breast. Zucchini, tomatoes, babybel light cheese steamed in microwave.

Dinner: Baked salmon with pesto sauce (just a tad does the trick). Mixed vegtables on the side. Yum!