Anyone else dealing with being stagnant against their will?

Options
I'm traveling this week on business, and I'll be working from 7am to about 10pm. When I come back, I have rehearsals all night for two nights. Night is when I get myself to boxing or Muay Thai class, and it's going to be tough not going, I feel restless already!
I'm going to try to see if I'm able to get to the hotel's fitness center, but I've had problems exhausting myself working out on too little sleep before, so I may just take this as a bye week, and as annoying as it is, it's temporary.

Anyone else dealing with STUPID DUMB LIFE getting in the way of achieving awesomeness??

Replies

• crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes! Something (I haven't figured out yet) has triggered a severe allergic reaction on my feet and they are covered in blisters of various sizes, so I've been stuck at home for 2 weeks now! Very frustrated. My dermatologist has given me some new prescriptions to try and clear it up, and I think they might be in good enough shape to go walking today.

Earlier last month, I was so busy on a trip that I only made it to the hotel fitness center twice and didn't eat that well, either. I managed to maintain my weight (not lose any), and when I got back to my routines, there was a significant improvement in how well I was able to do compared to the week before the trip! (There's a mountain I hike up by my house - I was getting to the top in about 55 minutes, and after the trip I could do it in 45 minutes)

So, you might be surprised how well a week off will help you out. Just don't go overboard on your calories and do the best you can. :)
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've noticed once or twice on the board that when people are in a situation where maintaining is the best they can do in their plan, they seem to do even better when resuming the diet. Maybe it'll work in your favour that way as well, like crimsontech!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yes! Something (I haven't figured out yet) has triggered a severe allergic reaction on my feet and they are covered in blisters of various sizes, so I've been stuck at home for 2 weeks now! Very frustrated. My dermatologist has given me some new prescriptions to try and clear it up, and I think they might be in good enough shape to go walking today.

Earlier last month, I was so busy on a trip that I only made it to the hotel fitness center twice and didn't eat that well, either. I managed to maintain my weight (not lose any), and when I got back to my routines, there was a significant improvement in how well I was able to do compared to the week before the trip! (There's a mountain I hike up by my house - I was getting to the top in about 55 minutes, and after the trip I could do it in 45 minutes)

So, you might be surprised how well a week off will help you out. Just don't go overboard on your calories and do the best you can. :)

Very true... Nice going! Sounds like maybe your body needed a shake-up :)