Saying you have tattooed on you?

Options

Replies

• catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    I have 2 tattoos no words. But I want to get strength tattooed on the inside of my bicep in white. Plus when I have children I plan on tattoing their names on my wrist.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    IMAG0019-3-1.jpg

This I love.
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    <-- Mine says "every end is just a new beginning"
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    I have 'dream' on my neck and 'momento mori' on my forearm. No kanji, just English.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Found a picture...

W7bIN.jpg
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    on my left side I have God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. With little flowers on the sides..
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    <<<<
    The japanese symbols are for loyalty and the other is devotion. The small dots and star running in between is the constellation Scorpio which is my husbands astrological sign.....
    Its my way of showing how he lives at the center of my loyalty and devotion.
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    I have a Tennessee Williams' quote in my bikini area.

"A prayer for the wild at heart kept in cages"

This quote has a dual meaning for me.

1. Often times our innermost selves; our hopes, dreams, and eccentricities; our unique characteristics, bold aspirations and things we cherish are often viewed by others/society as wrong, deviant, strange, fanciful or frivolous. People want to file us into boxes that make THEM comfortable. Cages, if you will. A prayer is a wish or desire to be able to live as you see fit, to break free from your cages and experience your story in all your own glory. It is my wish myself, and for everyone, that my heart will seek all of its wild fantasies because I have realized that those cages can't hold anyone inside who has conquered fear.

2. I also suffer from depression. The cage of depression can hold me back from experiencing joy and from satisfying the wild urges of my heart's desire. I seem to be powerless to remove this cage so I pray for intervention from the universe and my higher power.
  • britniseubert
    Options
    248031_1816709175938_1186350044_1700612_5736098_n.jpg

My newest tattoo that I got myself last summer when I hit my first weight loss goal.
    It means "Bold, but faithful" in Latin.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I want to get "Never going back" When I reach my goal.
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    "pretty girls make graves"
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    oh and

"in love with love" on my wrists
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i hate tattoos.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    "Heroes Live FOREVER"
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    I have a line from the song bridge over troubled water by paul simon then my Dad's initials KBK on my left side of my body on my rib cage... so
    "Im sailing right behind KBK"

My died died in a drowning accident 3 years ago when I was 22 and he was 58... that was the song we had at his funeral... it was also the song mum walked up the aisle to at their wedding... Dad is like my bridge over troubled water and i love that line.... "if you need a friend, im sailing right behind" ...it means Dad is always with me and i like the sailing element re the connection to water (as he was a fisherman)

i love it... ouch it hurt though :/
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have one right now (a dandelion, as the pieces fly away they turn into birds) and on Memorial Day weekend I'm getting my next one which will be "Not all those who wander are lost."
  • ErynnBaby
    ErynnBaby Posts: 15
    Options
    I have "Alis Volat Propriis" (She Flies By Her Own Wings) on my upper back. Was going to add angel wings but it seemed cliche
    back.jpg

I also have Marilyn Monroe's lips and signature on my lower back.
    MarilynMonroeLove.jpg

I'm going to get "I never lost a game. I just ran out of time" on my right foot in May (in memory of my cousin who passed away in September at 19. It was his favorite saying!)

I also plan to get "Born to Run" on my left wrist in Hebrew. That one is still up in the air cause i keep changing my mind about it. I already have 5 tattoos and the one after the memorial tattoo is going to be a Star Wars one sooo... lol
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have "strong soul" tattooed on the back of my neck (in between shoulders) in Gaelic
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    I have a line from the song bridge over troubled water by paul simon then my Dad's initials KBK on my left side of my body on my rib cage... so
    "Im sailing right behind KBK"

My died died in a drowning accident 3 years ago when I was 22 and he was 58... that was the song we had at his funeral... it was also the song mum walked up the aisle to at their wedding... Dad is like my bridge over troubled water and i love that line.... "if you need a friend, im sailing right behind" ...it means Dad is always with me and i like the sailing element re the connection to water (as he was a fisherman)

i love it... ouch it hurt though :/

Love! Love the song and love the tattoo's meaning and love your story. Love!