I need to get PI$$ED at my family more often

Options
Really bad day here.:explode: ....family is REALLY making me mad. I went downstairs to do my treadmill and ended up beating the crap out of the heavy bag for 5 minutes (burned 76 calories) then doing a run/walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes (20 minutes was run). Still pi$$ed but feeling much better about my workout :happy:

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Really bad day here.:explode: ....family is REALLY making me mad. I went downstairs to do my treadmill and ended up beating the crap out of the heavy bag for 5 minutes (burned 76 calories) then doing a run/walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes (20 minutes was run). Still pi$$ed but feeling much better about my workout :happy:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Better than beating the crap out of somebody :drinker: I feel your pain though. Sometimes that's when I get the best workout in :drinker: Hope your day gets better! :flowerforyou:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Amazing isn't it? I was having really blue, angry at the world day yesterday and all I could think about was how good it was going to be to get in the pool and do some laps. When did I start craving swimming over cookies??????

Hope your day gets better with the good endorphins - don't let the family get you down!!!
  • Lowenna1
    Lowenna1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Well done for turning the anger into something positive!
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    wish I could do the same. I've been stuck in the house all day and all I want to do is go running. Stay at home Fatherhood can be a real physical downer. By the time I get a chance to go, I won't feel like it anymore. Oh well.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    hahahah I hear ya!! Good for you for turning it into exercise! hahaha

I remember telling my grandma I needed to buy new clothes because of my weight loss... She said "How are you losing weight? You've lost that much?!?" I said "yes.. Im eating right and exercising the best I can" she said "Carrie-Ann... Dont lie to me... What are you taking to lose weight??" :noway: "I thought you werent doing that anymore!" I said "Im not taking anything!! I know I dont eat perfectly healthy 100% of the time.. but ive been keeping at it for over a year now!" hahaha man.. it's like all my hard work went to waste when she accused me of using some sort of aid!!
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    hahahah I hear ya!! Good for you for turning it into exercise! hahaha

I remember telling my grandma I needed to buy new clothes because of my weight loss... She said "How are you losing weight? You've lost that much?!?" I said "yes.. Im eating right and exercising the best I can" she said "Carrie-Ann... Dont lie to me... What are you taking to lose weight??" :noway: "I thought you werent doing that anymore!" I said "Im not taking anything!! I know I dont eat perfectly healthy 100% of the time.. but ive been keeping at it for over a year now!" hahaha man.. it's like all my hard work went to waste when she accused me of using some sort of aid!!

Dontcha love grandmas :heart: Mine died a few years ago (she was 87) and she pretty much did the same thing to me. I could weigh 800 pounds and she would say I was too skinny "you better eat more". She meant well, I really miss that. :brokenheart:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    awww

My grandma is only 64! Shes not your average sweet lil' ol' grandma though. hahaha But I love her all the same!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was just thinking this same thing. Hubby ticked me off this morning and I beat my record for a five mile run so anger works :laugh:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    hehehe:laugh: I'm cracking up. I think I may be waaaayyyyy too even keeled, easy going and laid back. I can't tell you the last time I got angry at anyone about anything. My bf (of almost 6 years) and I yet to have any major disagreements about anything. I think I'll go home and pick a fight in order to get some crazy work-out motivation!!!! (or not). :tongue:
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I just had a similar experieince...I was feeling incredibly emotional and sad over something and my DH was being anything but supportive and we went to bed, I was so upset, I was terribly tempted to literally get out of bed at midnight and go for a walk/run until I felt better. It was odd.
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I got like that last weekend and found the bag helped, then swimming, and lifting weights to cheer me up a little. My husband and kids can suck the life blood out of me sometimes where I want to eat the refrigerator but instead the work out no matter what time seems to help curb the cravings a little. That and some kind of sugar free beverage...Good luck
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    Well, they did it again (mostly the daughter) so looks like I will beating the crap out of the bag again:laugh: I don't know if they are doing it more or I am just noticing it more because I am spending more time on me and they are invading that time. :explode:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Well, they did it again (mostly the daughter) so looks like I will beating the crap out of the bag again:laugh: I don't know if they are doing it more or I am just noticing it more because I am spending more time on me and they are invading that time. :explode:

Your daughter must be a teenager! I have a 16 year old that drives me insane. Add that to an ex-husband who encourages her to play us and it's the reason they make lots of alcohol!
  • naugustyniak
    Options

Your daughter must be a teenager! I have a 16 year old that drives me insane. Add that to an ex-husband who encourages her to play us and it's the reason they make lots of alcohol!

She is almost 21 and I WISH SHE WOULD MOVE OUT. She is a college student here in town. She graduates in one more year YIPEEE. Both of my kids and the hubby think they can just take whatever they want of mine. I know it sounds selfish, but I have certain stuff I buy for myself to eat and use and stuff for them that they ASK for. They use/eat their stuff then start taking mine. DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! This sounds really stupid but I am trying to let my hair grow out so I bought these really cute headbands. I made the mistake of leaving one out on the counter in MY bathroom and the daughter comes walking through the house with it on. I wouldn't mind but I know I will never get it back. Picky I know but I just wish I could have something besides my underwear that someone else didn't borrow or take or eat so when I went to get it it would be there.....:explode: :mad:

Done ranting....thank you for listening.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I hear ya naugusty! I have a 13 year old daughter who seems to think that anything that is mine, she can just have. And wreck, or lose, or whatever :explode: I need a bag!! Maybe if I can get dh to clean the garage we can hang one in there!
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    If I buy something to eat that is all mine, I usually hide it where only I know where it's at!! :laugh: That cracks me up because I have an ex that used to buy food for just himself and he'd hide it - and that really pissed us all off. Had he contributed anything else to the household maybe it wouldn't have mattered.... but he was soooo selfish - hence "EX!" All of my kids are grown and out of the house, but while we were all in one house we had a great amount of respect for each other and one's belongings. I guess I don't realize how lucky I was (am) to have that. naugustyniak - you are not being selfish, there comes a time when you have to put yourself first and the time has come. Hide your food if you have to!!