Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need help!!!!!

tcoakley
tcoakley Posts: 27
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
:tongue: I just got back from Florida vacation last week and I am having a hard time getting back on track. I went to the gym once and am going back today.I am keeping my count of calories and have gone over once. I am also craving chocolate and its driving me crazy. Any suggestions? I just need a push in the right direction:happy:
95455.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• tcoakley
    tcoakley Posts: 27
    :tongue: I just got back from Florida vacation last week and I am having a hard time getting back on track. I went to the gym once and am going back today.I am keeping my count of calories and have gone over once. I am also craving chocolate and its driving me crazy. Any suggestions? I just need a push in the right direction:happy:
    95455.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    I am a chocoholic and when I get the craving, I chew A piece of minty gum. it makes the chocolate taste bad if you do eat it and the mintyness lasts a long time. Or, you can brush your teeth (if your toothbrush is handy) and then you won't want what you are craving. I use that one when I bake so I don't eat, say, cookie dough!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I say have a bit of chocolate. Just not a ton of it.

I think since your vacation is now over you need to choose a new goal. You know, something to do this FOR. I find if i have a reason it's easier. Maybe an upcoming birthday, wedding, party, event, another vacation, etc. It helps me...:flowerforyou:
  • I agree with Kerri! Have some. Just don't forget to count your calories. I love Snackwell's Devil Food cookies. They are only 50 calories for 1. If I can't just eat 1 or 2, I have my husband hide them from me. :laugh:
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    I found that a cup of hot chocolate does the trick for me. It lasts longer than 5 minutes since I sip it and satisifies my cravings. Most of the time I don't finish all of it but I'm happy as can be.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Go ahead and treat yourself! At Easter I purchased a 2lb box of Dark Chocolate Nuts and Chews from Sees on-line. I split the box with my wife and we usually have a piece just before we go to bed and try to make our share last as long as possible. I don't order the chocolate again until the next Easter.

With regard to getting back into the exercise groove, the human body, once it falls out of the exercise routine, does not easily get motivated to do it again often supplementing the "high" it used to get with mental cravings for food (sweets). If you're having a real mental conflict just make sure you force yourself to complete your routines but do them slower, with less weight, etc. and eventually your body will trigger off the right chemicals to make it an addictive need to continue.

It happens to all of us, believe me.

Bob
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Go ahead and treat yourself! At Easter I purchased a 2lb box of Dark Chocolate Nuts and Chews from Sees on-line. I split the box with my wife and we usually have a piece just before we go to bed and try to make our share last as long as possible. I don't order the chocolate again until the next Easter.

With regard to getting back into the exercise groove, the human body, once it falls out of the exercise routine, does not easily get motivated to do it again often supplementing the "high" it used to get with mental cravings for food (sweets). If you're having a real mental conflict just make sure you force yourself to complete your routines but do them slower, with less weight, etc. and eventually your body will trigger off the right chemicals to make it an addictive need to continue.

It happens to all of us, believe me.

Bob

Nice - really explains a lot!! Thanks Bob. :smile: I never really understood why, when I slacked off the exercise thing, I craved sweets so bad. Now I get it and it makes sense! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.