Trail Running

Options
Good afternoon to you!
My name is Sam and my goal is to start using my love for trail running to help meet my goal weight. I continue to have the long term goal of being a healthy mom, however, I see losing weight a current goal and need help and support. I especially need nutritional advice. Thanks for your positivity!!

Replies

• scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    me and a buddy of mine recently started running trails..love it it really takes your mind of the run its self. sorry no advise im intrested to see what advise you get as well.
  • sphonani
    sphonani Posts: 13
    Options
    I absolutely love it. It' traditionally done here where I live. I can't wait til the sun comes out earlier in the morning, that's the best time to run out here. Blessings are said and given at that time :) Good job in getting out there on the trails...
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    me too the trails where i run are right next to work and im an early bird so i get about 45 mins before work. i cant wait for the earlier sunrises
  • Jesseann
    Jesseann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam ! Feel free to add me...I don't run on the trails, but if I was in the right climate, I would. I'm usually chained to my treadmill. Good luck on your journey...
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yay for trail runners! Sadly, it has become a lost love. I've got some great places to run, but I make too many excuses. Time to change that. Here's my effort to resolve my own dumb excuses.

1. It's too cold out (I live in Alaska)... I've got snowshoes and good winter gear.
    2. My hubs works a 2-week rotation and the trails are NOT kid friendly... I've got friends to watch them when he's gone, and he can watch them when he's not.
    3. There are litterally things out there that can eat me (did I mention I live in Alaska?)... We can buy a big gun and a holster for it, hubs would get a kick out of that.
    4. I'm too fat to move like that... I can move though, and the more I go the faster I'll get.
    5. Nobody will go with me... true, but they don't need to if I let someone know where I am, how long I plan to be, and carry that big damn gun.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Hi. I love trail running. I do about 11 km off road twice a week.