so sad quizno's is full of calories

Options
holpak
holpak Posts: 39 Member
I am so shocked... i used to eat at quizno's once a week at least..:sad: and sometimes even get the large sandwich... and eat it all.. oh my gosh have you seen how much calories are in those sandwiches.. I am so proud of myself my co worker wanted to go there for lunch and i almost said yes without looking but then the better half of me.. said hold that thought.. let me look at the nutritional menu and see if there is anything i can eat there... and i was blown away even the small tuna had 750 calories in one little tiny sandwich.... all i could eat is sammy's or veggie and neither sounded good... so we went to the salad place.. something i'm proud of... I never knew how much calories i used to eat.. i can' t even imagine now how many i ate on a daily basis..

Replies

• holpak
    Options
    I am so shocked... i used to eat at quizno's once a week at least..:sad: and sometimes even get the large sandwich... and eat it all.. oh my gosh have you seen how much calories are in those sandwiches.. I am so proud of myself my co worker wanted to go there for lunch and i almost said yes without looking but then the better half of me.. said hold that thought.. let me look at the nutritional menu and see if there is anything i can eat there... and i was blown away even the small tuna had 750 calories in one little tiny sandwich.... all i could eat is sammy's or veggie and neither sounded good... so we went to the salad place.. something i'm proud of... I never knew how much calories i used to eat.. i can' t even imagine now how many i ate on a daily basis..
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You can always eat half now, and half for lunch the enxt day or dinner!

My coworker just got those pasta bowls from Domino's Pizza. I tried a bite (COMFORT FOOD YUM), checked the calories, and freaked - it has more than I eat in a whole day!
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    In the deli that is in my office building they had these super delicious muffins. And I pretty much had myself convinced that because it was a "yogurt muffin" it had to be good for me, right?

So I ate one every day for three weeks and then started MFP and decided to write to the company for the nutritional information.

Well, my beloved muffin had over 500 calories and about 24 grams of fat!!! In just one muffin!

Now that I know, I can't eat them anymore of course. I still walk by the case and look at them...and then go upstairs and have some oatmeal. It really is shocking to find out the calorie/fat content of things that you didn't even think twice about eating before.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    In the deli that is in my office building they had these super delicious muffins. And I pretty much had myself convinced that because it was a "yogurt muffin" it had to be good for me, right?

So I ate one every day for three weeks and then started MFP and decided to write to the company for the nutritional information.

Well, my beloved muffin had over 500 calories and about 24 grams of fat!!! In just one muffin!

Now that I know, I can't eat them anymore of course. I still walk by the case and look at them...and then go upstairs and have some oatmeal. It really is shocking to find out the calorie/fat content of things that you didn't even think twice about eating before.

Oh, CRAP.
    Which company is this?
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Grandpa's Orignal Muffins!

http://199.236.86.79/pages/muffins.html

(They are based in NYC, not sure how far they get distributed...)

If anyone wants the calorie content, I would be happy to share it. They sent me an excel spreadsheet with all of the muffins in it.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    i get their roadhouse steak sammie. only 200 calories and it really nixes that craving for a savory meat sandwich.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Where did you guys find the calorie count. Their website (at least the candian one doesn't have it ) In store nothing. I even called head office and they said they couldn't help me.
  • holpak
    Options
    Are you talking about quizno's?
    http://www.quiznos.com/subsandwiches/Products.aspx

It's on their main site... Love all the comments.. it is a reality check when we find out just how many calories we ate before!! wow and there site said the muffins.. were trans fat free... oh yeah ... we didn't tell you how many calories lol...

I used to love the prime rib cheesesteak....look at this

Large Total 1490 calories.. oh my gosh.. that's more than i eat in one day!!