Need some serious guidance. Newbie here. Please help

Options
have been one to eat WHATEVER I wanted all my life, literally. I ate cake, donuts, bread, pasta, rice... I was a vegetarian and consumed so many carbs every day, it is absurd. I drank 16 ounces of chocolate milk twice a day, drank two sodas a day etc. All of this never really affected me. I had a period of sadness and lost some weight, went as low as 107 lbs. but usually I am around 115, and I am happy at that weight. Very happy. I started eating meat again when I got married in September. My husband is a carnivore, he will have meat with every meal, and it was just too difficult to cook two meals a day. Anyway, I do have a point.

I started gaining about a 1.5 pounds give or take every month since I got married in September. I stood on the scale on my wedding day and it was 113 pounds. I stood on the scale last week and it was a (whopping for me) 122! Nine pounds since September? Crazy.

So I started tracking what i eat, and set my goal for 1300 calories per day. I have done this for a week. I know that is not a lot of time, but I figured if I saw a change in a week, it would inspire me to stick to the calorie counting. I still consume a lot of carbs, I can't eat meat every day, plus I allow one soda per day. Just one. I drink a lot of tea with Stevia and Cane mix sweetener, trying to switch to Stevia next two weeks. I worked out six days this week, plus had a cold. I increased the water intake... and I just stood on the scale 5 minutes ago and was at .... 125! I have not forgotten to track anything. I have tracked it all. How is it possible to have gained three pounds in a week, when my calorie intake is 1300/average per day and I have worked out every day but one!!!!

I can't fit into a pair of jeans I bought on our honeymoon. I can't close them. My butt is bigger, my waist has increased by two inches. (I am not pregnant.)

I feel so frustrated and can't stop crying.

What is going on? Do you have any suggestions?

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I think you're on the right track but just need to give yourself some more time. If you're new to working out your muscles could be retaining water. Please don't give up - keep on doing what you're doing but don't weigh yourself for another two to three weeks. Sometimes it takes our bodies a while to adjust to new routines.

And even if your weight doesn't budge, you've still taken the steps to a healthier lifestyle. That's one thing you can be proud of!