Hi there from very Northern Ca.

Options
My name is Kim. I'm 43. I have four children, ages 22, 20 (recently deceased), 14 and 5. I never had to diet or exercise before but I quit smoking a couple of years ago and gained about 30 pounds. Lately chocolate has been my go to comfort food. I would love to lose that 30 pounds by this summer!

Replies

• andrucifer
    Options
    Way to go!! Look forward to hearing about your weight loss journey!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am also 43, and my weight gain came when I quit smoking. Since then I have been down and then back up. Its frustrating. I have been trying to do this more sensibly this time. Trying to change the way I think and eat forever and not just to loose weight.
    We just have to remember we can do this.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're serious about losing or you wouldn't be here. This is a really good site, very good tool. I'm 49 and it seems like the weight just moves in and stays anymore. I've been able to utilize this site to make me aware of WHAT I eat as well as HOW MUCH I eat. You don't even realize the quantity sometimes. I also use the app on my Blackberry. So easy!

Good luck!!
  • Chryselis
    Options
    Hi, Agefyter, Marcenepea and andrucifer, thanks for the encouragement. I do like this site. I tried another one and it was too difficult to figure out. The food and exercise check-ins here are so easy. I plan to become more active at the gym and hope that will help with the weight that "just moves in and stays"--I know what you mean! I see women our age out there that look great so I know it can be done!