I just finished

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
exercising. As a lot of you know I have been struggling in this department and haven't done very much exercise in awhile, it has been hit and miss for a little while. Well, I am back on the game so to speak, I did a lot of walking yesterday, and today I just finished 45 minutes on my stationary bike and the most that I have been doing on my bike lately was 30 minutes. I am going to try to do more tomorrow. I just wanted to say thanks for all those that have encouraged me (myastyme, awestfall), thanks girls for your encouragement and thanks to everyone else who took the time the other day to respond to my post. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    exercising. As a lot of you know I have been struggling in this department and haven't done very much exercise in awhile, it has been hit and miss for a little while. Well, I am back on the game so to speak, I did a lot of walking yesterday, and today I just finished 45 minutes on my stationary bike and the most that I have been doing on my bike lately was 30 minutes. I am going to try to do more tomorrow. I just wanted to say thanks for all those that have encouraged me (myastyme, awestfall), thanks girls for your encouragement and thanks to everyone else who took the time the other day to respond to my post. :flowerforyou:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    Good for you, your on a roller coaster again, mine is slow can't wait to see the scale moving again :wink: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Good for you, your on a roller coaster again, mine is slow can't wait to see the scale moving again :wink: :smile: :flowerforyou:
    [/quote

thanks, keep on keepin on it will move again. Never give up, keep on fighting. :flowerforyou:
  • IUChelle423
    IUChelle423 Posts: 197
    Options
    Good for you! I was struggling with exercise as well, but I found that when I committed to doing *something* everyday, it got easier and easier and I started exercising longer and longer.

I have joint problems, so I have to take it easy, but I bought a mini-cycle thing for under my desk at work and have found it a great way to exercise without really even thinking about it! Even though it doesn't burn many calories, it keeps me moving and my joints fluid. Its an Instride Cycle XL for anyone who is interested. I think I got it at D*ck's Sporting Goods, but you can get them online too.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks, sounds like you are doing great. :happy:
  • elegantshay
    elegantshay Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is hard when you are off and on like that but once you commit to it, everything will be easier. I was having to make myself go work out but now its just a part of my day. so good luck and I wish you well!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks, I am getting to where I enjoy working out now. :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    laura--good job adding exercising. you are doing really great and i love your pic with the kids!:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    WTG:flowerforyou:

earning it yourself is the best way:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    WTG:flowerforyou:

earning it yourself is the best way:smile:

yes it is, thanks Dave:drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great WTG!!!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Laura---you are MY motivation--I check every day to see how you are doing!!! I just hope we are both posting that our goals are met by next summer
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    Well done you :drinker: It's so hard to exercise if you don't enjoy it. I empathise. Sometimes if I'm really not in the mood I just do a little bit. Even 15 minutes is better than none at all.
  • silverharmony
    silverharmony Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You know, Laura i see you post all the time. you are always very supportive and encouraging. i havent been browsing as much as i usually do, and today i saw a comment you had left on someone else's post, saw the picture and thought, NO WAY!! then saw your ticker!! 40lbs down?!?!?!?! so i had to check your profile pics to see the one i remember seeing the most...

WAY TO GO!!!

anyway, that gave me my smile moment of the day :-)

~Harmony
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You know, Laura i see you post all the time. you are always very supportive and encouraging. i havent been browsing as much as i usually do, and today i saw a comment you had left on someone else's post, saw the picture and thought, NO WAY!! then saw your ticker!! 40lbs down?!?!?!?! so i had to check your profile pics to see the one i remember seeing the most...

WAY TO GO!!!

anyway, that gave me my smile moment of the day :-)

~Harmony

thanks so much. :flowerforyou:
  • StacieLutes
    StacieLutes Posts: 68
    Options
    HANG IN THERE GIRL:bigsmile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You are doing such a great job and have such a great attitude :happy:

Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do? I am learning how to run and when I first started out 60 seconds was hard. I still have a long way to go but I am seeing progress every day. I hope to complete a half marathon in October.

Thanks for inspiring and encouraging others! Keep us updated on your progress :flowerforyou:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That is great. I can't speak for all but I am also known to fall off, but the thing is that we jump back on. I personally had to kick myself in the butt and jump aboard again. Now like you I am back on.

I personally had to stop doing the big goal thing like I want to loose 100 lbs but Ihad to stop looking at the number and start saying I want to work out today. I am not going to eat white bread etc. I had to stop crying over the the big picture and start doing what I could today.

I wish you luck and I know we can do it.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's great.
    I have set weekly goals for myself - exercise minutes, miles or calories burned, based on the previous week, changing it up a little.
    At first I was shooting for 30 minutes 5 days/week, but now I'm working for 500-1000 calories 6 days/week. Just little increments have made a difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!